|Date of birth||3 May 1977|
|Place of birth||Meixian, Guangdong, China|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Midfielder|
|2015||Shenzhen FC (caretaker)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 June 2013.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 June 2012
Li Haiqiang (simplified Chinese: 李海强; traditional Chinese: 李海強) is a Hong Kong former professional football player. He played for various professional clubs and Hong Kong national football team. Li plays the role as a midfielder and is nicknamed "The Golden Left Foot" because of his brilliant free kick skills.
On 21 May 2007, Li Haiqiang was awarded the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year after scoring 6 goals in the 2006–07 season. It was his debut season in Hong Kong First Division League and he was the first Mainland player to receive this award in its 30-year history.
On Tuesday 24 July 2007, he played an integral part of South China's Barclays Asia Trophy 2007 tournament when he scored a terrific free-kick from approximately 40-yards out against Liverpool. The goal embarrassed Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson and recalled memories of Ronaldinho's World Cup 2002 goal against England. South China eventually lost the game by 3–1.
In the 2007–08 season, Li scored 4 goals, and all of them came from free kicks. Li Haiqiang was named Hong Kong Footballer of the Year at the end of the season for the second year in a row, as well as being named a member of the Best Eleven.
In the 2009 AFC Cup second round match against Home United FC, Li Haiqiang scored two goals and helped South China win by 4:0 to progress to the quarter finals. On 1 August 2009, at the Panasonic Invitation Cup against Tottenham Hotspur, in the 68th minute, the referee pointed to the spot following a fairly innocuous challenge by Jake Livermore on Chao Pengfei and Li Haiqiang stepped up to chip the ball into the net, scoring the second goal which resulted in South China's 2–0 victory.
In the 2009 AFC Cup semi final second leg against Kuwait SC, Li Haiqiang received a back heel pass from Leandro Carrijo and scored in the 65th minute, but was ruled off-side, causing huge uproar from the capacity crowd in the Hong Kong Stadium. South China in the end lost the tie 1:3.
In the 2011 AFC Cup, Li Haiqiang scored the third goal for South China against East Bengal FC in the final minutes to lead the match 3:2, but the visitors were denied victory when East Bengal FC scored a late penalty and the match ended 3:3.
In the summer of 2012, Li joined Tuen Mun SA.
In 1999, Li was called up to the Chinese National Team's squad, but he did not play in any matches.
Li Haiqiang took part as captain in the 2010 East Asian Football Championship semi final tournament, held in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, helping Hong Kong qualify for the final tournament for the first time since 2003, when North Korea withdrew.
Career statistics in Hong Kong
As of 11 June 2013
|Club||Season||League||Senior Shield||League Cup||FA Cup||AFC Cup||Others1||Total|
1 Others include 2012–13 Hong Kong Season Play-offs.
|1||19 November 2008||UST Stadium, Macau||Macau||A||9–1||0||Friendly (non FIFA "A" international match)|
|2||25 August 2009||World Games Stadium, Kaohsiung, Taiwan||North Korea||N||0–0||0||(c)||2010 East Asian Football Championship Semi-final|
|3||27 August 2009||World Games Stadium, Kaohsiung, Taiwan||Guam||N||12–0||0||(c)||2010 East Asian Football Championship Semi-final|
|4||18 November 2009||Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong||Japan||H||0–4||0||2011 AFC Asian Cup qualification|
|5||7 February 2010||Olympic Stadium, Tokyo, Japan||South Korea||N||0–5||0||2010 East Asian Football Championship|
|6||4 October 2010||Balewadi Stadium, Pune, India||India||A||1–0||1||(c)||Friendly|
- Winner (2): 2006–07, 2009–10
- Li Haiqiang named HK footballer of the year. (Xinhua) Updated: 22 May 2007 08:13.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))李海強蟬聯香港足球先生 Wen Wei Po. 21 May 2008.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))亞協盃 16強 南華炒內政聯入 8強 Apple Daily. 24 June 2009.
- Tottenham Hotspur fall to South China defeat The Guardian. Sunday 2 August 2009 13.42 BST
- (traditional Chinese (HK))紅潮坐爆大球場仍負科軍 南華決賽夢碎 Apple Daily. 22 October 2009.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))基士文點名讚陳七 李海強 Wen Wei Po. 17 January 2011.
- Al Wehdat first through in AFC Cup. FIFA.com. (PA) Wednesday 27 April 2011.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))傑志斟李海強觸礁 Ta Kung Pao. 16 June 2011.
- "會長陳強突退出 屯門足球隊逢巨變". Oriental Daily Hong Kong. 30 October 2012.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))李海強助港足擒印度 Ta Kung Pao. 5 October 2010.
- (traditional Chinese (HK))備戰世盃外圍賽鬥沙特 港隊搵大馬作試金石 Hong Kong Daily News. June 2011.
- HKFA Website Player Information
- Scaafc.com 球員資料 – 11. 李海強 (in Chinese)
- SCAA Official Blog 11號 李海強 (Li Hai Qiang) (in Chinese)
- BMA Football Star (Chinese)
|Hong Kong national football team captain
|Hong Kong national football team captain
Chan Wai Ho