March 20, 1988
Tacheng, Xinjiang, China
|Other names||The Leech|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||169 lb (77 kg; 12.1 st)|
|Reach||72.0 in (183 cm)|
|Style||Sanshou, Wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu|
|Fighting out of||Beijing, China|
|Team||China Top Team|
|Rank||Brazilian Jiu-JitsuBrown belt in|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Li Jingliang (Chinese: 李景亮; born March 20, 1988) is a Chinese mixed martial artist who competes as a Welterweight for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional competitor since 2007, Li has mostly fought in China.
Originally from a small town in the Xinjiang Province of Northwest China, Li competed in wrestling and trained in Sanda before moving to Beijing in order to pursue a career in professional mixed martial arts. Li began training under the tutelage of current UFC Lightweight Zhang Tiequan.
Mixed martial arts career
Li made his professional debut in 2007, winning via submission due to punches in the second round. He would go on to compile a record of 8-2, capturing the Legend FC Welterweight Championship in the process, before being granted his release and signed by the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Li faced Nordine Taleb on October 4, 2014 at UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Saffiedine. Li was able to take Taleb down multiple times throughout the fight and even successfully land significantly more strikes as Taleb was content to counter strike throughout the bout. In a surprising result, Taleb was given the victory by split decision.
Li was expected to face Roger Zapata on May 16, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 66. However, on April 18, it was announced that Zapata was pulled from the fight due to undisclosed reasons and replaced by Dhiego Lima. He won the fight via knockout in the first round.
Li was expected to face Kiichi Kunimoto on September 27, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 75. However, Kunimoto pulled out of the fight in late August citing injury and was replaced by returning veteran Keita Nakamura. After dominating the first two rounds, Li lost the fight via technical submission in the third round.
Li was expected to face Chad Laprise on December 10, 2016 at UFC 206. However, Laprise pulled out of the fight on November 16 citing an undisclosed injury. As a result Li was pulled from the card entirely and will be rescheduled at a future event.
Li was expected to face Yancy Medeiros on January 28, 2017 at UFC on Fox 23. However in early January, Medeiros pulled out for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by promotional newcomer Bobby Nash. He won the fight via knockout in the second round.
Li faced promotional newcomer Frank Camacho on June 17, 2017 at UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Correia.. Li won the fight with unanimous decision. The win also earned Li his first Fight of the Night bonus award.
Championships and accomplishments
- Legend Fighting Championship
- Legend FC Welterweight Championship (One time)
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs Frank Camacho
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|16 matches||12 wins||4 losses|
|Win||13-4||Frank Camacho||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Correia||June 17, 2017||3||5:00||Kallang, Singapore||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||12–4||Bobby Nash||KO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña||January 28, 2017||2||4:45||Denver, Colorado, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||11–4||Anton Zafir||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia Finale||July 8, 2016||1||2:46||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||10–4||Keita Nakamura||Technical Submission (standing rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson||September 27, 2015||3||2:17||Saitama, Japan|
|Win||10–3||Dhiego Lima||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber||May 16, 2015||1||1:25||Pasay, Philippines|
|Loss||9–3||Nordine Taleb||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Saffiedine||October 4, 2014||3||5:00||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Win||9–2||David Michaud||Decision (split)||UFC 173||May 24, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||8–2||Luke Jumeau||Submission (guillotine choke)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 11||April 27, 2013||3||3:38||Hong Kong, SAR, China||Won the Legend FC Welterweight Championship.|
|Win||7–2||Dan Pauling||Decision (unanimous)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 9||June 16, 2012||3||5:00||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Loss||6–2||Myung Ho Bae||Decision (unanimous)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 7||February 11, 2012||3||5:00||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Win||6–1||Alex Niu||Decision (unanimous)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 5||July 16, 2011||3||5:00||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Win||5–1||Tony Rossini||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 4||January 27, 2011||2||1:11||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Win||4–1||Andrei Liu||TKO (punches)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 3||September 24, 2010||1||3:43||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Loss||3–1||Pat Crawley||Decision (unanimous)||Legend FC: Legend Fighting Championship 2||June 24, 2010||3||5:00||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Win||3–0||Yun Tao Gong||Submission (guillotine choke)||AOW 15: Ueyama vs. Aohailin||November 28, 2009||1||5:29||Beijing, China|
|Win||2–0||Liu Jin Wen||Submission (guillotine choke)||UMAC: Ultimate Martial Arts Combat||April 18, 2009||1||3:05||Beijing, China|
|Win||1–0||Gadzhiev Makhach||Submission (punches)||AOW 8: Worlds Collide||September 22, 2007||2||1:02||Beijing, China|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Barnett vs. Nelson". UFC.com. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Jingliang Li". Tapology. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Li Jingliang - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Li JingLiang Wins Big for China". Fightland. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "China's New Breed: Enter The Leech". Fightland. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Staff (2014-08-11). "Nordine Taleb-Jingliang Li Welterweight Bout Added to Oct. 4 UFC Fight Night in Halifax". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "‘The Leech’ suffers split decision loss against Nordine Taleb - FSA - FightSport Asia". FSA - FightSport Asia. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Staff (2015-02-11). "UFC Fight Night 66 in Philippines adds five fights". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-04-18). "Dhiego Lima replaces Roger Zapata, meets Jingliang Li at UFC Fight Night 66". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-04-18.
- Brent Brookhouse (2015-05-16). "UFC Fight Night 66 results: Gritty Li Jingliang KOs Dhiego Lima in 85 seconds". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- Akihito Tatematsu (2015-07-02). "UFC Japan adds KID Yamamoto, Kiichi Strasser, and Kyoji Horiguchi". mma-in-asia.com. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- Staff (2015-08-28). "With Kunimoto out, Nakamura Keita returns to face Li Jingliang at UFC Fight Night 75". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-09-26). "UFC Fight Night 75 results: Keita Nakamura puts Li Jingliang to sleep with gorgeous choke". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- Staff (2016-04-06). "3 fights added to TUF 23 Finale in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-07-08). "TUF 23 Finale results: Li Jingliang turns Anton Zafir's lights out with first-round ground-and-pound". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- Staff (2016-10-14). "Chad Laprise returns to welterweight, meets Li Jingliang at UFC 206 in Toronto". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-11-16). "Laprised injured, Li bout off". ufc.ca.com. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- Staff (2016-12-21). "Yancy Medeiros meets Li Jingliang at UFC on FOX 23 in Denver". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Staff (2017-01-02). "Bobby Nash replaces Yancy Medeiros, meets Li Jingliang at UFC on FOX 23". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- Matt Erickson (2017-01-28). "UFC on FOX 23 results: Li Jingliang takes out Bobby Nash with second-round knockout". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Staff (2017-06-07). "Frank Camacho a late replacement next week at UFC Fight Night 111 in Singapore". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "UFC Fight Night 111 results: Li Jingliang survives first round, rallies to beat Frank Camacho". MMAjunkie. 2017-06-17. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "UFC Fight Night 111 bonuses: You know Holly Holm's sick kick was worth $50,000". MMAjunkie. 2017-06-17. Retrieved 2017-06-18.