Li Yi Bar
Type of site
|A subforum of Baidu Tieba|
|Available in||Simplified Chinese|
|Website||Li Yi Bar|
|All rights reserved|
Li Yi Bar (Chinese: 李毅吧; pinyin: lǐ yì bā; literally: 'Li Yi subforum', popular name Di Bar, also DB, D8, etc) is a subforum of the Baidu Tieba forum. This subforum was opened for ridiculing Li Yi. This subforum is well-known for a large number of followers, who often flood other Internet forums or subforums.
Li Yi Bar was open in the year 2004, originally for ridiculing the soccer player Li Yi. He has a nickname Imperator Li Yi the Great (Chinese: 李毅大帝; pinyin: lǐ yì dà dì), or "Da Di" (Chinese: 大帝; pinyin: dà dì) for short, so the Li Yi Bar is nicknamed "Di Bar"(Chinese: 帝吧; pinyin: dì bā), "D8", etc, and it is also nicknamed "the Louvre of Baidu" (Chinese: 百度卢浮宫; pinyin: bǎi dù lú fú gōng). Because this subforum has a large number of followers and its followers often flood forums, it gets the title "whenever Di Bar sends expeditionary force, not even a blade of grass can be alive" (Chinese: 帝吧出征，寸草不生; pinyin: dì bā chū zhēng, cùn cǎo bù shēng).
Message flood events
June 21 flood event
In the year 2007, the subforum Li Yuchun Bar was in conflict with the subforum Li Yi Bar, which caused the owner of Li Yi Bar was blocked. Then, the followers of Li Yi Bar organized a message flood on Li Yuchun Bar. At about 18:20 on 21 June 2007, Li Yi Bar started flooding, and the owner of Li Yuchun Bar deleted those spams continuously. At about 20:20, the flood was as fast as 30 posts per second, so the deletion was not fast enough to remove the spams. Consequently, Li Yuchun Bar was finally conquered.
July 29 flood event
On 28 July 2013 to 29 July 2013, there was a large flood on Baidu Tieba. On 28 July 2013, a Tencent Weibo user named Pan Mengying insulted some famous soccer players such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, etc, and showed no respect on soccer, which angered many Chinese fans of Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, which escalates their conflicts and therefore those angry fans decided to flood the over 20 subforums of the Baidu Tieba forum at 8:00 PM. Because the larger and larger population joined this flood event, it inflamed the anger at Chinese fans of Korean stars, and resulted in the participation of the followers of Li Yi Bar and WOW Bar. On the evening of 28 July 2013, the flood went to the climax. Billions of spams were posted in dozens of subforums of Baidu Tieba.
2016 Chinese meme war on Facebook
In January 2016, a Sina Weibo user organized a flood team from Li Yi Bar, whose mission was to flood Tsai Ing-wen's Facebook pages under the theme of anti-Taiwan independence. At 19:00 on 20 January 2016, the flood started. The Facebook pages of Tsai Ing-wen, Apple Daily, SET News were seriously flooded and therefore they had to ban comments in order to stop the message flood attack. During this event, the Facebook pages were flooded by billions of meme pictures and stickers, and therefore it was called meme war on Facebook.
2018 flood on the Facebook pages of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden
On 24 September 2018, the followers of Li Yi Bar organized a flood team again, in order to flood the Facebook pages of the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the Facebook pages of Swedish televisions, and the Facebook pages of Jesper Rönndahl. Those spammers sent myriads of comments and swear words on those Facebook pages. There were more than ten thousand comments on Jesper Rönndahl's Facebook pages, and most of them were deleted after a period of time.
2019 flood on Hong Kong forums stopped by doxing
On 21 July 2019, to join forces with the Hong Kong government and the police force in the anti-extradition bill protest, the followers claimed that a flood will be initiated on 23 July 2019 at 20:00. Their targets could include Facebook or LIHKG. However, the operation started in advance on 22 July 2019, and Facebook pages of Civil Human Rights Front and Hong Kong National Front are flooded. Very soon, some core members were doxed. The disclosed personal information is detailed enough to be used to send application forms to the People's Liberation Army. On the same day, an admin of Li Yi Bar called off the operation "to prevent disturbing the normality of life of Hong Kong citizens."
Restrictions of posts
- lzno31 (2017-12-10). "百度李毅吧，也叫帝吧，有百度卢浮宫之称". 腾讯云资讯 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "【体育课】帝吧出征寸草不生 他们为何而战？". 腾讯网 (in Chinese). 2016-01-21. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- 万能的大熊 (2016-01-25). "帝吧出征，寸草不生，中国网民差点收复台湾". 创客100网 (in Chinese). 大熊老师很抱歉. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "帝吧出征，寸草不生？這種制式轉貼文章或罐頭貼圖能說服什麼人？". The News Lens 關鍵評論網 (in Chinese). 2016-01-28. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- 鞠圣娇 (2009-11-30). "[学子论文]从"爆吧"看网络传播". 人民网 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "揭秘权志龙吧爆吧事件全过程". 金融界. 2013-08-01.
- "揭秘权志龙吧爆吧事件全过程 粉丝乱黑球星遭球迷围攻". 新蓝网 (in Chinese). 2013-07-29. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "人民日报评帝吧出征FB：90后，相信你们！". 新浪科技 (in Chinese). 人民日报公众号. 2016-01-22. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "亲历帝吧出征FB"表情包大战" 两岸不是在战斗而是狂欢" (in Chinese). 品玩. 2016-01-21. Archived from the original on 2016-02-24.
- "帝吧出征fb表情包大战升级 千万大陆网友翻墙占领脸书" (in Chinese). 搜狐. 2016-01-20. Archived from the original on 2016-01-24.
- "帝吧"表情包"远征FB成绩单：台独电视台吓呆" (in Chinese). 前瞻网. 2016-01-21. Archived from the original on 2016-01-22.
- fengshangyue (2016-01-20). "亲自参加两岸Facebook"表情包大战"是一种什么样的体验？". PingWest品玩 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2017-06-12.
- ""台湾网络被大陆表情包碾压"事件的意义被低估了". 新浪新闻中心 (in Chinese). 2016-01-19. Archived from the original on 2017-07-01.
- "大陆和台湾网友掀表情包大战 国台办回应" (in Chinese). 观察者网. 2016-01-27. Archived from the original on 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- 王兆陽 (2018-09-25). "內地網民「翻牆」湧瑞典外交部Facebook洗版 自詡「中式幽默」". 香港01 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "中國網軍翻牆出征！瑞典外交部、主持人臉書淪陷". 蘋果日報 (台灣) (in Chinese). 2018-09-25. Archived from the original on 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "【逃犯條例】內地網軍「帝吧」提前「出征」 民陣fb遭簡體帖洗版". hk01.com (in Chinese). 2019-07-22.
- "中國網軍揚言到香港 FB 踩場 反被起底「所有」個人私隱". UNWIRE.HK (in Chinese). 2019-07-23.