|Chinese name||李易峰 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Lǐ Yìfēng (Mandarin)|
|Born||May 4, 1987|
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
|Other names||Evan Li|
|Alma mater||Sichuan Normal University|
|Label(s)||H&R Century Pictures Co.,Ltd|
Li Yifeng (Chinese: 李易峰, born 4 May 1987), is a Chinese actor and singer, who rose to fame after participating in the 2007 My Hero contest. He debuted as a singer in the same year, with the album Four Leaf Clover. Since 2009, he gradually shifted his career focus to acting. He is best known for his roles in television dramas Swords of Legends (2014), The Lost Tomb (2015), Noble Aspirations (2016) and Sparrow (2016); and the film Mr. Six (2015) where he won the Hundred Flowers Awards for Best Supporting Actor.
2007–2013: Beginnings and rising popularity
Li achieved fame in 2007 after appearing in the talent show competition, My Hero, coming in at 8th place and winning the Most Popular Contestant award. He released his first single "The One I Love Hurts Me The Most" on November 11, 2007, and his first EP Four Leaf Clover.
In 2009, Li made his acting debut in the drama The Prince of Tennis 2, adapted from the Japanese anime The Prince of Tennis. His role is the equivalent of Saeki Kojirou in the original anime. Then he released his first full-length album Mr Child.
Li gained recognition after starring in the Taiwanese drama Sunny Happiness, which achieved high ratings in both Taiwan and China. He received the Best New Actor award at the 2011 China TV Drama Awards for his performance. The same year, he made his feature film debut in Lovesick, starring alongside Ariel Lin and Chen Bolin.
Li earned praise for his subsequent performance in the television series White Lies (2012) and Daughter's Return (2013). He received the Best Acting Idol award at the 2013 China TV Drama Awards, and the Most Popular Actor award at the 2013 LeTV Awards.
Li's achieved breakthrough with his performance in the 2014 drama Swords of Legends, where he portrayed the cold and quiet anti-hero. The drama was a huge success and topped viewership ratings and online views in China. Li experienced a surge in popularity, and he won the Most Commercially Valuable Actor and Favorite Actor awards at the China TV Drama Awards. He also became the first actor to win the Newcomer award at the 2014 Elle Style Awards. The same year, Li released his first autobiographical book entitled A Once in a Lifetime Moment.
Li further solidified his popularity with two hit dramas in 2015; period drama Legend of Fragrance and web drama The Lost Tomb, based on the popular tomb-raiding novel Daomu Biji. Later that year, Li took on the role of a producer for the first time, taking part in the production of outdoor variety show Lets Go! Go! Go!, which premiered in November 2015.
Li's next two films; coming-of-age tale Forever Young and romance drama Fall in Love Like a Star were panned by critics. He bounced back in December 2015 with a supporting role in Feng Xiaogang's crime blockbuster Mr. Six, where he plays a rebellious youth who runs away from home because of conflicts with his father and later gets into trouble with gangsters. The film topped Chinese box office charts and won critical acclaim. Li won the Best Supporting Actor award for his performance at the 33rd Hundred Flowers Awards.
Following his success, Li entered the 2015 Forbes Chinese Celebrity list for the first time, placing at 9th with an estimated revenue of 69 million yuan (10.5 million dollars; 9.6 million euros). He was also named "Most Commercially Valuable Celebrity" by CBN Weekly.
2016–present: Mainstream popularity
In 2016, Li was appointed the Chinese Spectator Ambassador for the blockbuster film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The same month, Li the attended 2016 Style Icon Asia Awards as the only Chinese representative, and won the 2016 SIA Style Icon Award.
Li starred as the male lead in both seasons of Noble Aspirations (2016), adapted from popular xianxia novel Zhu Xian. The drama received positive reviews and surpassed 23 billion views, becoming one of the most watched Chinese dramas. He then starred in Sparrow, an espionage series set in the 1940s. The drama received critical acclaim for its performance and storyline, and became the highest rated war drama to date with a peak rating of 2.46. Li won the Best Actor award at the China TV Golden Eagle Award for his performance.
In 2018, Li starred in the thriller film Animal World, based on the Japanese manga series Ultimate Survivor Kaiji. The film won positive critical reviews and topped the box office on the week of its release.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2015||Forever Young||栀子花开||Xu Nuo|
|Fall in Love Like a Star||怦然星动||Su Xingyu|
|Mr. Six||老炮儿||Zhang Xiaobo|
|2017||Guilty of Mind||心理罪||Fang Mu|
|The Founding of an Army||建军大业||He Changgong||Cameo|
|2018||Animal World||动物世界||Zheng Kaisi|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Network||Notes|
|2009||The Prince of Tennis 2||加油! 网球王子 II||Zuo Bo||Dragon TV|
|2010||Happy & Love Forever||幸福一定强||Lu Sen||Anhui TV|
|2011||Sunny Happiness||幸福最晴天||Xiang Yunchao||Anhui TV, CTV|
|2012||White Lies||真爱谎言||Jiang Xiyu||Jiangxi TV, CTi|
|Happy Michelin Kitchen||幸福三颗星||Xiang Yunchao||Anhui TV, CTV||Cameo|
|Bounty Hunter||赏金猎人||Yu Tai||Hunan TV|
|Love Actually||爱的蜜方||Chen Liyang|||
|2013||Daughter's Return||千金归来||Lin Hao||Dragon TV|
|2014||Swords of Legends||古剑奇谭||Bali Tusu||Hunan TV|
|Tiny Times||小时代之折纸时代||Jian Xi||Youku|||
|The Joyfully Pretty Enemy||欢天喜地俏冤家||Chen Sanliu||CCTV-8|||
|2015||Legend of Fragrance||活色生香||Ning Zhiyuan||Hunan TV|
|The Lost Tomb||盗墓笔记||Wu Xie||iQiyi||Web series|
|2016||Noble Aspirations||青云志||Zhang Xiaofan||Hunan TV|
|Noble Aspirations 2||青云志2||Zhang Xiaofan / Gui Li||Beijing TV|
|TBA||Wait in Beijing||我在北京等你||Xu Tian|
|Fearless Whispers||隐秘而伟大||Gu Yaodong|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Release date||Label|
|2007||Four Leaf Clover||四叶草||November 19, 2007|
|2008||Ferris Wheel||摩天轮||July 20, 2008||EQ Record|
|2009||Mr. Child||小先生||May 17, 2010||EQ Record|
|2010||That Song||那首歌||October 29, 2010||EQ Record|
|2014||Yifeng's Love Letter||易峰情书||November 10, 2014||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes|
|2007||"The One I Love Hurts Me The Most"||我爱的人伤我最深||Banquet (乐宴)|
|2008||"To Shine Brillantly"||大放异彩||N/A||Olympic theme song |
with Hu Haiquan
|"Little Girl Don't Cry"||娃娃不哭||N/A||Earthquake relieve charity song|
Lyrics written by Li Yifeng
|"Believe in Love"||相信爱||N/A||Earthquake relieve charity song |
|2012||"Underworld"||江湖||Bounty Hunter OST|
|2014||"Sword Wound"||剑伤||Swords of Legends OST|
|"Sword of Heart"||剑心|
|"Warm Heart Stings"||心如玄铁||Legend of Fragrance OST|
|"What I Want, I Want It Now"||我要的现在就要||Choice OST|
|2015||"Goodbye Goodbye"||再见再见||Forever Young OST|
|"In a Rare You"||年少有你|
|"Please Contact Me"||请跟我联络||Fall in Love Like a Star OST|
|"The Price of Love"||爱的代价||Mr Six OST||with Feng Xiaogang|
|2016||"Time Cracks"||时间裂缝||Noble Aspirations 2 OST|
|2017||"Love in the Spring Bud"||爱在春蕾||N/A||Spring Bud Project theme song |
with Hao Wei
|2018||"Role"||角色||N/A||Lyrics written by Li Yifeng |
with Lexie Liu
|"Tiny Yet Great"||渺小却伟大||N/A|
Awards and nominations
|2015||17th Huading Awards||Best Actor (Ancient Drama)||Swords of Legends||Nominated|
|2016||33rd Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Mr. Six||Won|||
|16th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actor||Nominated|
|2017||22nd Huading Awards||Best Actor||Noble Aspirations||Won|||
|Top 10 Audience's Favorite TV Star||Won|
|27th Zhejiang TV Peony Awards||Outstanding Actor||Sparrow||Won|||
|2018||29th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Best Actor||Won|||
|12th China Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival||Most Popular Actor||Won|
|Film and television awards|
|2011||3rd China TV Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Sunny Happiness||Won|||
|2013||4th LeTV Awards||Most Popular Actor||N/A||Won|||
|5th China TV Drama Awards||Acting Idol Award||N/A||Won|||
|2014||4th iQiyi All-Star Carnival||Most Popular Actor (Mainland China)||N/A||Won|||
|6th China TV Drama Awards||Most Popular Actor (Mainland China)||Swords of Legends||Won|||
|Most Commercially Valuable Actor||Won|
|2016||2nd Tencent Video Star Awards||Most Popular TV Actor||N/A||Won|||
|VIP Star of the Year||N/A||Won|
|8th China TV Drama Awards||Artist of the Year||N/A||Won|||
|2018||Weibo Movie Night||Breakthrough Performance for Actor||N/A||Won|||
|2008||6th Southeast Music Chart Awards||Best Newcomer (Mainland China)||Ferris Wheel||Won|||
|1st New Artist Awards of Top Chinese Music Chart||Best Newcomer EP||Won|||
|2009||Music Radio China Top Chart Awards||Campus Popularity Award||Won|||
|2010||CCTV-MTV Music Awards||Most Promising Artist||Mr. Child||Won|||
|2016||10th MIGU Music Awards||Top Ten Golden Songs||"Please Contact Me"||Won|
|2014||11th Elle Style Awards||Newcomer Award||N/A||Won|||
|11th Esquire Man At His Best Awards||Newcomer Award||N/A||Won|||
|2015||GQ China Men of the Year Awards||Trendy Artist of the Year||N/A||Won|||
|2016||Style Icon Asia Awards||Style Icon Award||N/A||Won|||
- "Li Yifeng: China's tastiest piece of 'fresh meat'". Sina. August 3, 2016.
- "李易峰昨回母校参加毕业典礼". NetEase (in Chinese). Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- "加油好男儿8进6出意外 仅淘汰李易峰一人". Sina. June 23, 2007.
- "李易峰《網球王子2》戲份殺青 自曝想演花澤類". Sina (in Chinese). May 24, 2009.
- "李易峰新专辑17日首发 不做大丈夫做"小先生"". Sina (in Chinese). May 18, 2009.
- "李易峰演绎才华受肯定 《幸福》蝉联收视冠军". Tencent (in Chinese). February 25, 2011.
- "安徽卫视2011国剧盛典获奖名单". Sina (in Chinese). January 1, 2012.
- "《恋爱恐慌症》将映 李易峰林依晨谈吻戏". Sina (in Chinese). October 11, 2011.
- "《真爱谎言》李易峰扮自闭 演技获肯定". Sina (in Chinese). July 16, 2012.
- "《千金归来》收官 "初恋男神"李易峰获好评". NetEase (in Chinese). November 19, 2013.
- "李易峰年底连捧两奖 人气再度受肯定". NetEase (in Chinese). December 20, 2013.
- "李易峰《古剑》打怪谈情两不误 苏雪发糖". Sina (in Chinese). August 14, 2014.
- "《古剑奇谭》网络点击突破50亿". Mango TV (in Chinese). August 26, 2014.
- "《古剑》获2014营销大奖 点击破88亿登顶剧王". Tencent. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "李易峰揽2奖成大赢家 商业价值人气双丰收". Sina (in Chinese). December 18, 2014.
- "2014ELLE风尚大典 李易峰获年度新锐风尚艺人". Tencent (in Chinese). October 30, 2014.
- "李易峰写真书《壹刻》预购23秒售罄 验证高人气". Tencent (in Chinese). August 1, 2014.
- "《盗墓笔记》起底角色 李易峰领护宝分队". Sina (in Chinese). January 29, 2015.
- "《活色生香》余温未散 李易峰演技突破获盛赞". Tencent (in Chinese). March 23, 2015.
- "上网看剧成时尚 《盗墓笔记》荣登2015网剧王". People's Daily (in Chinese). February 4, 2016.
- "李易峰首任综艺制片人：以后可以靠这个谋生". NetEase (in Chinese). July 6, 2015.
- "Forever Young: a fluffy, saccharine Chinese coming-of-age tale". The Sydney Morning Herald. July 8, 2015.
- "Singer-actor Li Yifeng doesn't put his best foot forward in Tony Chan's breezy romantic comedy". Variety. 2016.
- "Li Yifeng joins cast of 'Mr. Six'". The Global Times. October 22, 2015.
- "'Mr. Six' crosses $100 million, tops China box office". Los Angeles Times. January 5, 2016.
- "'Mr Six': Review". Screen International. September 9, 2015.
- "China's Golden Rooster & Hundred Flowers Film Festival faces 'popularity vs talent' controversy". The Global Times. September 25, 2016.
- Flannery (May 13, 2015). "2015 Forbes China Celebrity List (Full List)". Forbes.
- "2015年度腾讯娱乐白皮书明星篇". Tencent (in Chinese). 2015.
- "Li Yifeng Appointed as Chinese Spectator Ambassador for 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'". China Radio International. March 5, 2016.
- "李易峰解读"风尚" 帅气亮相风尚典礼". Sina (in Chinese). March 16, 2016.
- "《青云志》曝全阵容海报 定档7.31率"仙"开战". Tencent (in Chinese). July 2, 2016.
- 《青云志2》8日回归 李易峰变鬼厉赵丽颖复活. Tencent (in Chinese). December 2, 2016.
- "zh:《青云志》首播收视口碑双收 正统仙侠攻占暑期". NetEase (in Chinese). August 1, 2016.
- "《青云志》第一季圆满收官 全网播放量突破230亿". cyol.com (in Chinese). September 11, 2015.
- "谍战剧《麻雀》今晚开播 献礼抗战胜利71周年". NetEase (in Chinese). September 5, 2016.
- "热播剧《麻雀》守正出奇 周之光解构主旋律表达". Sohu (in Chinese). October 26, 2016.
- "李易峰迪丽热巴金鹰夺双奖 《鸡毛》揽三奖成赢家". Sina (in Chinese). October 14, 2018.
- "犯罪悬疑片《心理罪》开机 李易峰现身确定加盟". Mtime (in Chinese). June 21, 2016.
- "李易峰《动物世界》定档6.29曝预告携手迈克尔道格拉斯&周冬雨开启2018暑期档". Mtime (in Chinese). January 29, 2018.
- "《动物世界》揭幕电影暑期档 三天票房超过2.5亿元". Mtime (in Chinese). July 2, 2018.
- "《我在北京等你》曝片花 李易峰江疏影绘海漂图鉴". Sina (in Chinese). September 21, 2018.
- "李易峰确定出演《隐秘而伟大》 时隔三年再入谍战". Sina (in Chinese). March 26, 2018.
- "李易峰《建军大业》演战地英豪 革命力量薪火相传". Sina (in Chinese). July 26, 2017.
- "《爱的蜜方》将播 李多海李易峰现场秀厨艺". Sina (in Chinese). August 9, 2012.
- "剧版《小时代》李易峰乔任梁开启时尚路". Sina (in Chinese). July 22, 2014.
- "《欢天喜地俏冤家》央八将播 李易峰颖儿"卖萌"". China Daily (in Chinese). July 23, 2014.
- "第22届电视华鼎奖获奖名单公布". Sina (in Chinese). May 18, 2017.
- "第二十七届浙江省电视"牡丹奖"（电视剧、动画片）获奖作品公示". Zhejiang Radio and Television Group (in Chinese). June 14, 2017.
- "尖叫2015爱奇艺之夜"年度榜单重磅出炉(图)". Youth.cn (in Chinese). December 8, 2014.
- "李易峰化身"黑夜王子" 连获两项大奖感恩粉丝". Tencent (in Chinese). December 12, 2016. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- "李易峰获封正能量年度艺人 少说多做作品为先". Tencent (in Chinese). January 3, 2017.
- "2018微博电影之夜 彭于晏周冬雨获最佳男女演员". Sina (in Chinese). June 17, 2018.
- "独家专访：东南劲爆榜内地最佳新人李易峰". Tencent (in Chinese). November 16, 2008.
- "图文：最佳EP李易峰". Hunan TV (in Chinese). January 6, 2010.
- "李易峰获校园人气奖 《网2》有望与张德培对戏". Tencent (in Chinese). April 29, 2009.
- "李易峰荣获潜质艺人奖 国民校草唱响环球红歌会". Tencent (in Chinese). April 20, 2010.
- "李易峰获颁"年度新势力" 新片与冯小刚做父子". Sina (in Chinese). December 3, 2014.
- "李易峰获封"年度流行艺人" 被赞新时代娱乐符号". People's Daily (in Chinese). September 16, 2015.