Li Zhijian (Chinese: 李志坚; 1928–2011) was a Chinese physicist. He was a pioneer of Chinese microelectronics. He was former Chief Director of the Institute of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University; and the ex-Chairman of the Academic Committee, School of Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University.
Li was born on 1 May 1928, in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province. In 1951, he graduated from the Department of Physics, Zhejiang University in Hangzhou with a bachelor's degree. He went to study mathematics and physics in the USSR and was awarded a Science Doctorand by the USSR National University of Leningrad (now known as St. Petersburg State University, Russia).
Li later became a professor of Tsinghua University and held the chief-director position of the institute of Microelectronics for a long period. He was the chairman of the Academic Committee of the Information Science and Technology School, Tsinghua University. He was also Vice-president of the Institute of Electronics, Chinese Academy of Science; and the Vice-chairman of the Chinese semiconductor and Integrated Circuits Technology Association.
Li was active at many international academic meetings, serving many times as the meeting-president, member of meeting commission in many international conferences including the International Conference on Solid State Device and Integrated Circuit Technology (ICSICT; 93, 95), Solid State Material and Device Meeting (SSDM; 95, 96, 97, 98) and IEEE Regional Conferences.
- 1999–, Member, Third World Academy of Sciences
- 1991–, Academician, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Chief Director, Institute of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University
- Chairman of the Academic Committee, School of Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University
- Vice-president, Institute of Electronics, Chinese Academy of Science
- Vice-chairman, Chinese semiconductor and Integrated Circuits Technology Association
- Member, Editorial Board, Electronic Sinica
- Institute of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University: Academician Li Zhijian Archived 25 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- ChinaVitae: Li Zhijian 李志坚, Microelectronics Technical Expert
- "李志坚院士遗体送别仪式举行 [Memorial service held for Li Zhijian]". Tsinghua University. Archived from the original on 14 July 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2014. (in Chinese)
- Members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences: Li Zhijian Archived 3 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- China Vitae – Li Zhijian (in English)
- Li's CV at Tsinghua University (in English)
- Li's biography in the Institute of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University (in English)
- Li Zhijian in the Holeung Ho Lee Foundation