Li Ziqi (blogger)
|Occupation||YouTuber, food blogger|
Li Ziqi (Chinese: 李子柒; pinyin: Lǐ Zǐqī; born July 6, 1990) is a Chinese food and country-life blogger and internet celebrity. She is known for creating food and handicraft preparation videos in her hometown of rural Pingwu, Mianyang, Sichuan, often from basic ingredients and tools using traditional Chinese techniques. As of 2019, she has over 7 million subscribers on YouTube, 19 million followers on Sina Weibo, and has inspired many bloggers to post similar content.
She was awarded the People's Choice Award by the People's Daily newspaper in September 2019 and CCTV praised her and stated "Without a word commending China, Li promotes Chinese culture in a good way and tells a good China story".
Li lives with her grandmother in the countryside of Mianyang in southwest China's Sichuan Province. She was orphaned at a very young age. As a young adult she lived in the city, making a living by working as a DJ. When her grandfather died, she moved back to take care of her grandmother.
- Yamaguchi, David (14 March 2019). "SANSEI JOURNAL: Everything Comes From China". North American Post.
- "Une artiste chinoise propose un tutoriel pour fabriquer des outils de calligraphie". ActuaLitté (in French). 26 March 2019.
- "100 Chinese selected as "good young netizens"". Xinhua News Agency. 2 August 2018.
- "L'une des plus jolies chaînes de YouTube serait en réalité un outil de propagande massive". L'ADN (in French). 5 March 2019.
- "Top YouTube channels to learn about China". GBTimes. 25 January 2019.
- "This Chinese youtube girl teaches us how tofu is made". Emotions. 3 October 2018.
- Victoria, Ashley (13 April 2019). "Li Ziqi: The Online Celebrity Bringing Ol' School Traditions to the Modern World". Chinosity.
- "La youtubeuse Li Ziqi et la tradition chinoise ancestrale". AgoraVox. 7 May 2018.
- "State media joins rural blogger Li Ziqi's millions of followers". South China Morning Post. 11 December 2019. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
|This Chinese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|