Liadh Ní Riada
|Liadh Ní Riada|
|Member of the European Parliament|
Assumed office |
1 July 2014
Liadh Ní Riada|
24 November 1966
Fiachra Ó hAodha|
(m. 2000; d. 2008)
Nicky Forde (m. 2012)
|Relations||Seán Ó Riada (Father)|
Liadh Ní Riada (pronounced [ˈl̠ʲiə niː ˈɾʲiəd̪ˠə], born 24 November 1966) is an Irish politician who has served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from Ireland since 2014. She is a member of Sinn Féin, part of the European United Left–Nordic Green Left.
She is a native speaker of the Irish language and is a television producer and director, as well as Sinn Féin's Irish language officer. Ní Riada was elected in May 2014 with 125,309 first-preference votes. Ní Riada is the daughter of composer Seán Ó Riada.
- "Seán Ó Riada Collection Descriptive List" (PDF). University College Cork Library. July 2006. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Roche, Barry (26 May 2014). "Ireland South: Crowley and Ní Riada elected". The Irish Times. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Liadh Ní Riada profile on the Sinn Féin website
- Personal profile of Liadh Ní Riada in the European Parliament's database of members
- Liadh Ni Riada's page on the VoteWatch website
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|