|Full name||Liam Craig|
|Date of birth||27 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Chirnside, Scotland|
|2000–2002||Berwick Rangers Juniors|
|2007–2008||→ St Johnstone (loan)||19||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:07, 31 October 2015 (UTC).
Liam Craig (born 27 December 1986) is a Scottish professional football player who plays for St Johnstone. He is an attack minded creative midfield player who can operate on the left side of midfield or in a central position.
Craig began his career at Ipswich Town and skippered the youth side to victory in the 2005 FA Youth Cup final. However, after finding it difficult to break into the first team he joined Falkirk in January 2006.
Craig moved to St Johnstone on a month's loan in December 2007 and scored on his home debut against Livingston. He then signed on loan until the end of the season with the Saints and then signed on a permanent basis in July 2008. A transfer tribunal ruled that Saints would pay Falkirk £25,000 for his services, with a further £12,000 if the club is promoted to the SPL during his time at McDiarmid Park and also 25% of any future transfer received by Saints from another club. Craig has made over 200 appearances for St. Johnstone. In his last game for St. Johnstone, Craig scored a goal which would help seal third position in the Scottish Premier League and qualification for the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League.
Craig signed a pre-contract agreement with Hibernian in January 2013. He scored his first goal for Hibs on 24 August, scoring twice in a 2–1 victory against Kilmarnock. Craig scored his first ever career hat-trick on 24 September, in a 2013–14 Scottish League Cup tie against Stranraer. Craig was appointed Hibs captain in November 2013 by new manager Terry Butcher. Shortly after this, on 2 January 2014, Craig scored the winner in the Edinburgh derby against city rivals Hearts from the penalty spot. Craig was not offered a new contract by Hibs at the end of the 2014–15 season, after they failed to secure promotion from the Scottish Championship.
In July 2015, Craig signed a one-year contract with St. Johnstone.
- As of 18:25, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- "Falkirk sign youth, list Glennon". BBC Sport. 17 January 2006. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "St Johnstone seal Craig loan deal". 14 December 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Falkirk's Craig to stay a Saint". BBC Sport. BBC. 18 April 2008. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- "FEE SET FOR LIAM TRANSFER". St Johnstone FC. 23 October 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "St Johnstone's Liam Craig agrees summer switch to Hibernian". BBC Sport. BBC. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Ralston, Gary (20 May 2013). "St Johnstone 2 Motherwell 0: Liam Craig hands Saints the perfect parting gift as goal helps seal Euro spot". Daily Record (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- "Transfer Update". www.hibernianfc.co.uk. Hibernian FC. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Hibernian: Pat Fenlon reckons Liam Craig is finding form". BBC Sport. BBC. 24 August 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- Gordon, Moira (24 September 2013). "Hibernian 5–3 Stranraer: Liam Craig hat-trick". The Scotsman (Johnston Publishing). Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Football – Craig ready to lead Hibs on". Yahoo! Eurosport. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Hibernian 2-1 Heart of Midlothian". BBC Sport.
- "St Johnstone: Liam Craig returns to Perth after Hibs exit". BBC Sport. BBC. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Liam Craig career statistics at Soccerbase