Liam Davis (footballer)
|Full name||Liam Lloyd Davis|
|Date of birth||23 November 1986|
|Place of birth||Wandsworth, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Defender|
|2006||→ Peterborough United (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:14, 4 April 2017 (UTC).
Born in Wandsworth, Greater London, Davis is a predominately left-footed player, a winger who can also operate at left back or behind the front man. His former Northampton Town manager Ian Sampson stated that "He has the ability to take players on and to be a match-winner for us."
Davis joined Coventry City as a 16-year-old trainee from Fulham's Academy. He made his Coventry debut in September 2005, aged 18, in a Football League Championship clash against Hull City at the Ricoh Arena. He then spent the start of the 2006/07 campaign on loan at Football League Two outfit Peterborough United, playing 7 games. He returned to feature in three first-team matches for Coventry under Iain Dowie at the tail-end of the season and signed a new one-year deal at the club in May 2007. He had made rapid progress since arriving in the Midlands, but injuries restricted his progress in the first half of 2007/08. However, an impressive substitute appearance in a 2–1 in over Ipswich Town in December prompted an extended run in the side, both on the left wing and in an unaccustomed role at left-back.
At the end of the 2007/08 season, Davis was told his contract would not be renewed and he was free to find a new club as then manager Chris Coleman did not think he would feature regularly in his plans. Davis then signed for Football League One side Northampton Town on a two-year contract on 6 June 2008. An unfortunate metatarsal injury in Davis's second season restricted him to only 46 appearances in the two seasons but he showed glimpses of his talent through his goals against Grimsby Town and Morecambe during the 2009/10 season. He signed a one-year contract extension in June 2010. The season brought a good cup run which saw Northampton Town beat Premier League giants Liverpool at Anfield, where Davis put in a performance that gained recognition from clubs in higher leagues. On 13 May 2011, it was announced that Davis would be leaving Northampton at the end of his contract.
After spending time on trial with Birmingham City, Davis signed for newly promoted Championship side Yeovil Town on a two-year contract. Davis made his Yeovil debut as a second-half substitute in their 1–0 victory over Millwall, on 3 August 2013.
Davis left yeovil at the end of the 2014–15 season following Yeovil's relegation to League Two.
- As of 3 March 2015.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Peterborough United (loan)||
- Appearances in Football League Trophy
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Winger Davis signs for Cobblers BBC Sport. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- Grimsby 1–2 Northampton BBC Sport. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
- Northampton 2–0 Morecambe BBC Sport. 20 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
- Davis signs new deal www.ntfc.co.uk. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
- "Oxford United swoop for versatile Liam Davis". BBC Sport. 30 July 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Birmingham have taken former Oxford defender Liam Davis on trial". SkySports. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Liam Davis: Yeovil Town sign former Oxford midfielder". BBC Sport. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Millwall 0–1 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Yeovil Town: Paul Sturrock releases 11 players". BBC Sport. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Liam Lloyd Davis till GAIS" (in Swedish). GAIS. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Liam Davis: Cheltenham Town sign defender on deal until end of season". BBC Sport. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Liam Davis". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2005/2006". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2007/2008". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2008/2009". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Games played by Liam Davis in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Retrieved 9 August 2014.