Fontaine playing for Bristol City
|Full name||Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine|
|Date of birth||7 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Beckenham, London, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|2004||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||15||(0)|
|2005||→ Kilmarnock (loan)||3||(0)|
|2005||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||10||(0)|
|2006||→ Bristol City (loan)||15||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:36, 26 March 2017 (UTC).
Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine (born 7 January 1986) is an English footballer who plays for Hibernian as a defender. He previously played in the Premier League for Fulham, in the Football League for Yeovil Town and Bristol City and in the Scottish Premier League for Kilmarnock.
Fontaine, who was a youth player at Fulham, represented England at under-16 and under-17 level. Fontaine spent some time at Yeovil Town in the first part of the 2004–05 season. His loan move was initially for a single month, but was later extended by a further two months. He made a couple of first team appearances for Fulham in January 2005. His debut came in a Premier League game against Southampton at St. Mary's on 5 January, which was drawn 3–3. He enjoyed a further loan spell in the latter part of the 2004–05 season with Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League.
After being brought to Yeovil by then manager Gary Johnson, Fontaine then went back to Fulham until he was brought to Bristol City on loan by his former Yeovil manager Johnson. The loan spell was made permanent at the end of that season with Fontaine signing a two-year contract, with City having to pay Fulham an undisclosed fee through tribunal. A key member of the 2006–07 promotion team and flourished once more at Championship level, he became centre stage when his goal against Wolves in November left his manager Gary Johnson red-faced – having previously told his defender he would "bare my backside in Burton's window" if he found the net. Fontaine signed a new deal with Bristol City on 12 January 2012 to keep him at the club until the end of 2014 season, stating his ambition is to be the clubs captain on a permanent basis.
On 26 August 2014, Fontaine joined Scottish Championship side Hibernian. He made his debut the same day, in Hibernian's 3–2 victory against Dumbarton in the Scottish League Cup. Fontaine made 38 appearances and scored two goals in the 2014–15 season. In June 2015, he signed a two-year contract with Hibernian. He scored a goal in the March 2016 Scottish League Cup Final, which Hibs lost 2–1 to Ross County. Fontaine played the first 70 minutes of the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, which Hibs won 3–2 against Rangers.
- As of 07:36, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Yeovil Town (loan)||2004–05||15||0||0||0||2||0||1||0||18||0|
|Yeovil Town (loan)||2005–06||10||0||1||0||1||0||0||0||12||0|
|Yeovil Town (loan)||2013–14||5||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||5||0|
- Soccerbase did not record two appearances made by Fontaine against Brondby IF on 14 July and 21 July 2016.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2007). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2007–08. Edinburgh: Mainstream. p. 145. ISBN 978-1-84596-246-3.
- "Southampton 3-3 Fulham". BBC Sport. BBC. 5 January 2005. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Fontaine goes to Killie on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 28 January 2005. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Bristol City seal Fontaine deal". BBC Sport. BBC. 16 January 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Pair seal moves to Bristol City". BBC Sport. BBC. 12 June 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Liam Fontaine: Yeovil Town sign Bristol City defender on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "DEFENDER FONTAINE JOINS". Hibernian F.C. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "HIBERNIAN 3 DUMBARTON 2". Hibernian F.C. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "FONTAINE SIGNS NEW CONTRACT". www.hibernianfc.co.uk. Hibernian FC. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Wilson, Richard (13 March 2016). "Scottish League Cup Final: Hibernian 1 Ross County 2". BBC Sport. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Scottish Cup final: Rangers 2-3 Hibernian - BBC Sport". BBC Sport. BBC. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Liam Fontaine at Soccerbase