|Irish name||Liam Ó Luachra|
18 June 1990 |
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2007–||St Patricks, Palmerstown|
Rushe made his first appearance for the team during the 2009 championship and has become a regular member of the starting fifteen since then. During that time he has won one Leinster Senior Hurling Championship winner's medal (2013) one National Hurling League winner's medal and has been a runner-up in two Leinster finals.
At club level Rushe plays with St Patricks, Palmerstown. Liam did both his primary and secondary schooling through Irish. He is a fluent Irish speaker and does match commentary work with TG4.
Minor and under-21
Rushe's side retained their provincial title in 2011 following another comprehensive defeat of Wexford. He was named man of the match for his performance in that game 'The Dubs' later played in the All-Ireland final against Galway, however, they were beaten by 3-14 to 1-10.
Rushe was just out of the minor grade team when he made his senior championship debut at full-forward in a Leinster quarter-final game against Antrim. 'The Dubs' subsequently qualified for a first Leinster final in eighteen years. A 2-18 to 0-18 score line gave victory to Kilkenny.
After a disappointing championship in 2010, 'the Dubs' qualified for the National Hurling League final in 2011, their first decider in over seventy years. An epic 0-22 to 1-7 defeat of Kilkenny gave Rushe a National League winners' medal. Both sides met again in the Leinster final that day, however, the result was reversed on this occasion. A 4-17 to 1-15 score line gave victory to 'the Cats'. In spite of this defeat Dublin remained in the championship and reached an All-Ireland semi-final against reigning All-Ireland champions Tipperary. Rushe's side gave Tipp an almighty scare, however, the champions narrowly won by 1-19 to 0-18. Rushe finished off the season by winning his very first All-Star award while he was also named All-Stars Young Hurler of the Year.
- Leinster Senior Hurling Championship (1): 2013
- Leinster Under-21 Hurling Championship (2): 2010, 2011
- Leinster Minor Hurling Championship (1): 2007
- National Hurling League (1): 2011
- National Hurling Division 1B (1): 2013
- St Patrick's Palmerstown
- Dublin Senior B Hurling Championship (1): 2008
- Interprovincial Championship (1): 2012
- "Profile: Liam Rushe". Hurling statistics website. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "RTÉ Sport: Kilkenny 2-18 Dublin 0-18". RTÉ Sport. 5 July 2009. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- Moran, Seán (2 May 2011). "Landslide win and landmark title for dauntless Dublin". Irish Times. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "RTÉ Sport: Kilkenny 4-17 Dublin 1-15". RTÉ Sport. 3 July 2011. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "RTÉ Sport: Tipperary 1-19 Dublin 0-18". RTÉ Sport. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- "Shefflin named All Star for 10th time". RTÉ Sport. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
|Dublin Senior Hurling Captain
|All Stars Young Hurler of the Year