31 October 1984 |
Taihape, New Zealand
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position(s): C, WA|
|Last updated: 13 June 2011|
Liana Leota (née Barrett-Chase; born 31 October 1984) is a New Zealand netball player. She is a member of the national netball team, the Silver Ferns, and plays for Manchester Thunder in the British Netball Superleague.
Leota was a member of the Southern Sting in 2007, which won the National Bank Cup that year. She also played for the Waikato Bay of Plenty Magic in 2006 and the Western Flyers from 2003–2005. She continued playing in Invercargill with the Southern Steel in the new ANZ Championship, which started in 2008. That same year, Leota debuted in the Silver Ferns against Australia. Since her debut, she has cemented her position in the Silver Ferns' midcourt. For the 2010 ANZ Championship season, Leota received the Most valuable Player award. Leota and Wendy Frew were named as co-captains of the Southern Steel for 2011. 
- "2010 Silver Ferns profile". Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- Egan, Brendon (4 March 2010). "Barrett-Chase set to anchor Steel midcourt". The Southland Times. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- NZPA (8 July 2010). "Barrett-Chase named Trans-Tasman MVP". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- Southern Steel (21 December 2010). "Steel names co-captains for 2011". Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Manchester Thunder (27 October 2015). "Thunder sign New Zealand International Liana Leota". Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Tipene-Leach, Oriini (31 July 2014). "Day 7: Update on our Māori athletes in Glasgow". Television New Zealand. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
|ANZ Championship MVP
Leana de Bruin
|This biographical article related to New Zealand netball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|