Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences
|Chancellor||Governor of Sindh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Noshad A. Shaikh|
|Location||Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan|
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences started as a Medical School in 1881 was established to provide excellence in health professional education and research, to educate and train undergraduate and graduate students of medical and health sciences in Pakistan, in accordance to the international standards.
Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Started as a Medical School in 1881. It was raised to the status of a Medical College in 1942. Liaquat University is located on the right bank of the Indus River at Jamshoro. It is 160 km north from the port city of Karachi and 16 km from the historical city of Hyderabad.
- Started as a Medical School in 1881.
- Raised to the status of a Medical College in 1942.
- Named as Liaquat Medical College in 1951.
- Monogram designed by own student Doctor Zaheer Ahmed (Late) he is died in 2007.
- Foundation Stone of Jamshoro Campus laid down in 1954.
- Shifting to Jamshoro Campus completed in 1963.
- Beginning of Postgraduate Courses in 1963.
- Dental Section & BDS Course added in 1963.
- Atomic Energy Medical Center established in 1965.
- Eye Hospital at Hyderabad started functioning in 1967.
- Sir C. J. Institute of Psychiatry Hyderabad established in 1967.
- New indoor building complex constructed at LMCH Hyderabad in 1972.
- Regional Office of PMRC established in 1980.
- Dewan Mushtaque Coronary Care Unit established at Hyderabad in 1982.
- Establishment of Cancer Ward at Jamshoro in 1988.
- Raised to the status of Postgraduate Institute in 1989.
- Audio-visual Library added in 1989.
- Computer Section established in 1989.
- Regional Office of CPSP established in 1991.
- New blocks for Urology, Haemodialysis, Cardiology and Paediatrics indoor patients constructed at Hyderabad in 1992.
- Department of Medical Education established in 1995.
- Teaching Aid Laboratory established in 1995.
- ICU at City Branch started in 1998.
- College of Nursing established in 1999.
- ICU at Jamshoro campus started in 2000.
- Computer Literacy Center & Internet Facilities established in 2000.
- Foundation Stone of Colonel Najeeb Khan Sports Stadium laid-down in 2000.
- In January 2001, Liaquat Medical College was upgraded to a full-fledged University, named "Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences". The former Liaquat Medical College was affiliated with University of Sindh.
- New block for Community & Forensic Medicine in 2001.
- Gynaecology Unit-IV, new ward at Jamshoro started in 2001.
- New Research & Diagnostic Pathology Laboratory started functioning at Civil Hospital Hyderabad Branch in 2002.
- Establishment of Institute of Biomedical Technology in March 2009
- Establishment of Minimal Invasive Surgical Centre in September 2009
- Establishment of Al Tibri International Hostel in January 2011
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences is fully aware of its leadership role in standardizing undergraduate & postgraduate Medical Education in the country as well as its responsibilities for promoting a culture of Medical Research and improving Health Care facilities.
Medicine & Allied Sciences
The Faculty of Medicine & Allied Sciences at Liaquat University of Medical Health Sciences includes the following Departments.
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Pulmonology/Chest Medicine
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Family Medicine
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Psychiatry
Surgery & Allied Sciences
The Faculty of Surgery & Allied Sciences at Liaquat University of Medical Health Sciences includes the following Departments.
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (DOST)
- Department of Paediatric Surgery
- Department of Plastic Surgery
- Department of Neuro Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (ObGyn)
- Department of Urology
- Department of Otorhinolaryingology (ENT)
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Radio Diagnosis & Imaging
- Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Department of Vascular Surgery
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- Institute of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
Basic Medical Sciences
The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences at Liaquat University of Medical Health Sciences includes the following Departments.
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Molecular Biology
- Department of Human Genetics
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Institute of Biomedical Technology
Community & Public Health Sciences
The Faculty of Community & Public Health Sciences at Liaquat University of Medical Health Sciences includes the following Departments.
- Department of Community Health Sciences
- People's Nursing School
- Department of Medical Education
- Department of Paramedical Sciences
- Department of Homeopathy
- Department of Eastern Medicine
The Faculty of Dentistry at Liaquat University of Medical Health Sciences includes the following Departments.
Basic Dental Sciences
- Department of Science of Dental Material
- Department of Oral Biology (Oral Anatomy)
- Department of Community Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology
Clinical Dental Sciences
- Department of Operative Dentistry
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Department of Periodontology
- Department of Oral Medicine
Journal of LUMHS
|Volume - Number||Date||Link|
|13 - 01||January - April 2014|||
|12 - 03||September - December 2013|||
|12 - 02||May - August 2013|||
|12 - 01||January - April 2013|||
|11 - 03||September - December 2012|||
|11 - 02||May - August 2012|||
|11 - 01||January - April 2012|||
- Liaquat University Hospital, Hyderabad
- Jamshoro District
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology
- University of Sindh