Libania Grenot, after her gold medal, at the 2016 European Athletics Championships
|Born||July 12, 1983|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Achievements and titles|
Born in Santiago de Cuba on 12 July 1983, she started her sports career in track and field athletics. In 2006, she married an Italian man and relocated to Casalpalocco, a borough in Rome. She acquired Italian citizenship in 2008. She broke the Italian record at 400 meters with a time of 50.83 seconds. This performance took place in Beijing during the semi-final of the 400 meters. Despite this effort Grenot did not reach the final. In 2009, she won a gold medal for the 400 meters at the XVI Mediterranean Games with a time of 50.30 seconds, a new Italian record.
In 2014, she was first in the 400 meters at the European Championships, becoming the first Italian woman to win an international track title since 1938.
- 5 wins in 400 metres at the Italian Athletics Championships (2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- 1 win in 200 metres at the Italian Athletics Championships (2012)
- Rio 2016 bio
- Libania Grenot profile at IAAF
- Iaaf website personal page of Libiana Grenot
- From the online edition of Repubblica, July 2nd, 2009 
- Disqualified in the final
- "ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS". gbrathletics.com. Retrieved 13 April 2012.