From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bill for an Act with this short title will have been known as a Libel Bill during its passage through Parliament.
Libel Acts may be a generic name either for legislation bearing that short title or for all legislation which relates to libel.
- The Libel Act 1792 (32 Geo.3 c.60)
- The Criminal Libel Act 1819 (60 Geo.3 & 1 Geo.4 c.8)
- The Libel Act 1843 (6 & 7 Vict. c.96)
- The Libel Act 1845 (8 & 9 Vict. c.75)
- The Newspaper Libel and Registration Act 1881 (44 & 45 Vict. c.60)
- The Law of Libel Amendment Act 1888 (51 & 52 Vict c.64)