Liber Comicus Toletanus Teplensis (also spelled Commicus), designated by t or 56 (in Besaurion system), is the oldest known lectionary from the Iberian Peninsula, dated to somewhere between the 7th and 9th centuries. The Latin text of the New Testament is not of the Vulgate but of the Vetus Latina. "Taken in its context, liber comicus could not possibly mean a comic book ... this term is sometimes used to denote a lectionary." It has some affinity with Codex Boernerianus.
- "72 fragments of the Old Latin text are preserved in the Spanish Lectionary or Liber Comicus."
Ann Freeman, 'Theodulf of Orleans and the Libri Carolini', Speculum 32 (1957): 663–705.
- Novum Testamentum Graece
- Metzger, Bruce M., The Early Versions of the New Testament, (Oxford University Press, 1977), 304.
"This reviewer unblushingly admits that he did not know that this term is sometimes used to denote a lectionary."
Bernard M. Rosenthal, Review of Otto Meyer and Renate Klauser, Clavis Mediaevalis: Kleines Wörterbuch der Mittelalterforschung, in Speculum 39 (1964): 322–324.
- A. H. McNeile, An Introduction to the Study of the New Testament, revised by C. S. C. Williams, Clarendon Press, Oxford 1955, p. 399.
- Edgecomb, Kevin P. Liber Comicus, the Hispano-Mozarabic Lectionary.
- Elliot, JK. 'Old Latin Manuscripts in Printed Editions of the Greek New Testament'. Novum Testamentum 26 (1984): 225–248.
- Epp, Eldon Jay. 'Some Important Textual Studies'. Journal of Biblical Literature 84 (1965): 172–175.
- Baldwin, Spurgeon. 'On the meaning of the term "Liber Commicus."' Traditio 39 (1983): 439–443.
- Farr, C. 'Liturgical Influences On The Decoration Of The Book Of Kells'. In Catherine Karkov and Robert T Farrell (eds). Studies in Insular Art and Archaeology. Oxford, Ohio: American Early Medieval Studies and the Miami University School of Fine Arts, 1991. ISBN 1-879836-00-9
- Morin, Germanus (ed.). Anecdota Maredsolana. Volume 1. Liber Comicus. Maredsous Abbey, 1893.
|This article about a manuscript is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|