Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel
Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel (LDFI) is an associated organisation whose stated objective is to 'maximise support for the State of Israel within the British Liberal Democrat Party', and to 'promote policies which lead to peace and security for Israel within a Middle East peace settlement'.
The President of Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel is Rt Hon Alan Beith. The Vice Presidents are Baron Monroe Palmer OBE and Baroness Sarah Ludford. The Chair is Gavin Stollar and the Vice Chair is Jonathan Davies.
Members of LDFI
In alphabetical order, members of Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel include:
- Alan Beith, President of LDFI 
- Ed Fordham, PPC for Hampstead and Kilburn in 2010 General Elections 
- Matthew Harris, PPC for Hendon in the 2010 General Elections
- Baron Monroe Palmer 
- Gavin Stollar, Chairman
- Baroness Sarah Ludford, MEP for London
- Labour Friends of Israel
- Conservative Friends of Israel
- Northern Ireland Friends of Israel
- European Friends of Israel
- Friends of Israel Initiative
- "Objectives of LDFI". Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "Boycott plan puts our reputation at risk". The Guardian. 12 June 2007.
- "Lib Dems defend Lord Wallace 'anti-Zionism'". The Jewish Chronicle. April 22, 2010.
- "Election 2010: Profile for Matthew Harris, Liberal Democrat candidate for Hendon". Times Series. 19 April 2010.
- "Why You'll Need a Brave Heart to Vote Lib Dem". The Jewish Chronicle. April 22, 2010.
- "It's naive to think David Ward is the true voice of the Lib Dem's on Israel". The Jewish Chronicle. 28 August 2013.
|This article related to the politics of the United Kingdom, or its predecessor or constituent states, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|