Liberty Hill, Texas
Liberty Hill, Texas
Downtown Liberty Hill
Location of Liberty Hill, Texas
|• Total||4.64 sq mi (12.01 km2)|
|• Land||4.63 sq mi (12.00 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||1,025 ft (312 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||632.50/sq mi (244.23/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||512 exchanges: 515, 778|
|GNIS feature ID||1361161|
Liberty Hill is a city in Williamson County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,433 as of 2018 Census Bureau estimates, the population was 967 at the 2010 census. Liberty Hill is part of the Greater Austin metropolitan area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km2), of which, 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2) of it is land and 0.52% is water
|U.S. Decennial Census|
At the 2010 census there were 967 people in 337 households, including 224 families, in the city. The population density was 738.7 people per square mile (284.8/km2). There were 387 housing units. The racial makeup of the city was 76.1% White, 1.6% African American, 1.7% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 9.5% from other races, and 3.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 19.3%.
Of the 459 households 38.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.0% were married couples living together, and 33.5% were non-families. 27.9% of households were one person and 12.7% were one person aged 65 or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.19.
The age distribution was 34.9% under the age of 18, and 12.3% 65 or older. The median age was 34.2 years.
The median household income was $56,955 and the median family income was $73,125. Males had a median income of $43,098 versus $40,481 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,112. About 9.1% of families and 14.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.9% of those under age 18.
Arts and culture
Liberty Hill has one newspaper, The Liberty Hill Independent.
In 1976, Liberty Hill hosted an International Sculpture Symposium, which created the Liberty Hill International Sculpture Park. The park hosts 27 monumental pieces made from granite, concrete, bronze, and limestone.
The City of Liberty Hill is served by the Liberty Hill Independent School District.
In the 2004–2005 academic year, the Liberty Hill High School spelling team won first place at the UIL State Competition in division 3A.
- Goldust, professional wrestler currently signed to All Elite Wrestling
- Trey Hillman, bench coach for the Houston Astros and former manager for the Kansas City Royals
- John Reynolds Hughes, famous Texas Ranger, probable person on whom "The Lone Ranger", by Zane Grey, was based.
The Liberty Hill High School football team won the Texas Football State Championship in 3A Division II against Celina in 2006 and in 3A Division I against Gilmer in 2007.  The Liberty Hill High School Girls track team sent the 4x400 team to state in 2016 and placed second and in 2017 and placed first.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Liberty Hill has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- http://uil100.org/archives/academics/am-event-type.php?event=Spelling+and+Vocabulary[permanent dead link]
- Climate Summary for Liberty Hill, Texas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Liberty Hill, Texas.|