Liberty Hill, Texas
|Liberty Hill, Texas|
Location of Liberty Hill, Texas
|• Total||2.0 sq mi (5.2 km2)|
|• Land||2.0 sq mi (5.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,025 ft (312 m)|
|Population (United States Census, 2012)|
|• Density||740.1/sq mi (287.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1361161|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (5.0 km2), of which, 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2) of it is land and 0.52% is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 967 people, 337 households, and 224 families residing in the city. The population density was 738.7 people per square mile (284.8/km2). There were 387 housing units. The racial makeup of the city was 76.1% White, 1.6% African American, 1.7% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 9.5% from other races, and 3.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 19.3% of the population.
There were 459 households out of which 38.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.0% were married couples living together, 12.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.5% were non-families. 27.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.19.
In the city the population was spread out with 34.9% under the age of 18, and 12.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34.2 years.
The median income for a household in the city was $56,955.00, and the median income for a family was $73,125.00. Males had a median income of $43,098.00 versus $40,481.00 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,112. About 9.1% of families and 14.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.9% of those under age 18.
Arts and culture
In 1976, Liberty Hill hosted an International Sculpture Symposium, which created the Liberty Hill International Sculpture Park. The park hosts 27 monumental pieces made from granite, concrete, bronze, and limestone.
The City of Liberty Hill is served by the Liberty Hill Independent School District.
In the 2004-2005 academic year, the Liberty Hill High School spelling team won first place at the UIL State Competition in division 3A.
The Liberty Hill High School football team won the Texas Football State Championship in 3A Division II against Celina in 2006 and in 3A Division I against Gilmer in 2007. 
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Liberty Hill has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 11, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- Trey Hillman#Personal
- Climate Summary for Liberty Hill, Texas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Liberty Hill, Texas.|
- Williamson County Historical Commission page on Liberty Hill
- Liberty Hill from the Handbook of Texas Online
|N/A||Leander||Cedar Park / Round Rock|