Liberty Lettice Lark Ross
23 September 1978
Westminster, London, England
(m. 2002; div. 2014)
Jimmy Iovine (m. 2016)
|Relatives||Atticus Ross (brother)|
Leopold Ross (brother)
The 1st Baron Killearn (grandfather)
Liberty Lettice Lark Ross (born 23 September 1978 in Westminster, London) is an English model and actress. She has appeared in publications such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, i-D, and Dazed & Confused. She played the role of Queen Eleanor in the 2012 fantasy film Snow White and the Huntsman, directed by her then-husband, Rupert Sanders. She is the sister of composers Atticus and Leopold Ross.
Ross met Mario Testino on Portobello Road in London, where he asked her and a group of friends to do a shoot for British Vogue. She worked sporadically as a model throughout her childhood. She appeared on Ozzy Osbourne's No Rest for the Wicked album cover at the age of nine. In 1992 she signed with Storm Management.
In 2000, Ross became the face of an Emanuel Ungaro ad campaign. In May, Ross appeared on the twentieth anniversary cover of The Face alongside Kate Moss. In June, Ross appeared on the cover of British Vogue, shot by personal friend Mario Testino. Ross was then awarded Model of the Year at the Elle Style Awards.
Ross was photographed by Robin Derrick for the December 2000/January 2001 issue of Vogue Russia. In 2002, Ross shot Burberry's spring campaign alongside Kate Moss and Eva Herzigova. In January 2002, Ross was again featured on the cover of British Vogue, also photographed by Testino, alongside nine other British models including Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant and Erin O'Connor. Ross also appeared on the November 2002 cover of British magazine i-D, photographed by Kayt Jones.
In 2004 she modelled for Dior's Addict perfume. Ross then appeared in the Pirelli Calendar, photographed by Nick Knight. Shortly after, Ross began a three-year hiatus to focus on her family life that ended in 2007 when she re-signed with Storm.
Return to modelling
Following her husband's well publicised affair, Ross began to stage a career comeback, appearing on the cover of online magazine The Edit and in the pages of Vanity Fair. Ross made her runway return in September 2012, walking for Alexander Wang at New York Fashion Week.
Ross also contributed to British Vogue's online blog from 2009 to 2012.
Ross married director Rupert Sanders in 2002. Though both Ross and Sanders are British, they moved to Los Angeles to further Sanders' career, and Ross focused on being a wife and mother. Together they have two children, daughter Skyla and son Tennyson. In July 2012, Us Weekly published photos of Sanders cheating on Ross with actress Kristen Stewart, prompting Sanders and Stewart to issue separate public apologies. Ross subsequently filed for divorce from Sanders in January 2013, seeking joint custody, spousal support, and legal fees. The divorce was finalised on 30 May 2014.
|2009||Thinly Veiled||Shelby Sommer|
|2010||Lipstick Lies||Model||Short film|
|2011||Packing Heat||Femme Fatale||Short film|
|2012||Snow White and the Huntsman||Queen Eleanor|
- "Who's Who: Liberty Ross". Vogue (UK ed.). 26 January 2012. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
Born in London in 1978...
- "Liberty Ross: Today I'm Wearing". Vogue (UK ed.). 23 September 2011. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
23 September. Today is my birthday!
- More on Liberty Ross, Wronged Wife in Kristen Stewart’s Cheating Scandal New York, 26 July 2012
- Liberty Ross: 6 Things to Know About Rupert Sanders' Wife ABC News, 28 July 2012
- "Liberty Ross". Into The Gloss. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Evgenia PeretzPhotographs by Norman Jean Roy. "Liberty Ross Speaks on Husband Rupert Sanders's Affair with Kristen Stewart". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Magazine". Net-a-porter.com. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Rebecca Adams (9 September 2012). "Liberty Ross Alexander Wang: The Model Walks The Runway At NYFW (PHOTOS)". HuffPost. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Liberty Ross – SHOWstudio – The Home of Fashion Film". SHOWstudio. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Yotka, Steff. "LIBERTY ROSS DESIGNS DAY-TO-NIGHT DENIM FOR GENETIC". Fashionista.com. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Kristen Stewart Cheats on Robert Pattinson With Director Rupert Sanders". Us Weekly. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Liberty Ross: 6 Things to Know About Rupert Sanders' Wife". ABC News. 28 July 2012. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Boucher, Phil (26 July 2012). "Kristen Stewart, Rupert Sanders at Cast Dinner in May (Photo)". People. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart, Rupert Sanders apologize for affair". CBCNews. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Apology to Robert Pattinson for Cheating". People. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Cheating Apology: PR Insider Weighs In". HuffPost. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (25 July 2012). "Rupert Sanders apologizes for Kristen Stewart hookup". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Liberty Ross Files for Divorce from Rupert Sanders". People. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Liberty Ross and director Rupert Sanders have finalized their divorce". United Press International. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- De Bertadano, Helena. "Liberty at last: Liberty Ross on moving on and falling in love again after THAT affair". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Buckley, Cat (30 October 2013). "The Liberty Ross Family: Meet the Oscar Winners, Scientists, and Rock Stars Related to the Model". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2 February 2020.