Liberty Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Liberty Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||32.9 sq mi (85.3 km2)|
|• Water||3.4 sq mi (8.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,430 ft (436 m)|
|• Density||18.9/sq mi (7.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664775|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.3 square miles (94.1 km²), of which 33.0 square miles (85.3 km²) is land and 3.4 square miles (8.8 km²) (9.36%) is water.
- Campbell Lake (vast majority)
- Deer Lake
- Ess Lake (vast majority)
- Lake Erick
- Long Lake
- Mud Lake
- Muskrat Lake (south quarter)
- Peterson Lake
- Pony Lake
- Ragged Lake
- Round Lake
- Wolf Lake
- Maple Ridge Township (north)
- Durand Township (northeast)
- Turtle Lake Township (east)
- Northern Township (southeast)
- Eckles Township (south)
- Lammers Township (southwest)
- Buzzle Township (west)
The township contains Trinity Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 623 people, 232 households, and 181 families residing in the township. The population density was 18.9 people per square mile (7.3/km²). There were 279 housing units at an average density of 8.5/sq mi (3.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.31% White, 2.09% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.16% Pacific Islander, and 0.96% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.48% of the population.
There were 232 households out of which 40.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.8% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.6% were non-families. 17.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.04.
In the township the population was spread out with 28.7% under the age of 18, 9.3% from 18 to 24, 32.6% from 25 to 44, 20.2% from 45 to 64, and 9.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 107.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.6 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $45,391, and the median income for a family was $44,722. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $22,750 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,482. About 3.2% of families and 4.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.1% of those under age 18 and 3.9% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Liberty Township total population