Liberty Township, Fairfield County, Ohio
|Liberty Township, Fairfield County, Ohio|
Fields west of Baltimore
Location of Liberty Township in Fairfield County
|• Total||50.3 sq mi (130.4 km2)|
|• Land||50.3 sq mi (130.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|• Density||157/sq mi (60.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086079|
Liberty Township is one of the thirteen townships of Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 7,916, of whom 4,950 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harrison Township, Licking County - north
- Union Township, Licking County - northeast corner
- Walnut Township - east
- Pleasant Township - southeast
- Greenfield Township - south
- Bloom Township - southwest corner
- Violet Township - west
- Etna Township, Licking County - northwest
The village of Baltimore is located in southeastern Liberty Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Liberty township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Remainder of Liberty township, Liberty township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- Miller, Charles Christian (1912). History of Fairfield County, Ohio, and representative citizens. Chicago, Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co. p. 143.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.