Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.48 sq mi (128.14 km2)|
|• Land||49.46 sq mi (128.11 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||116.7/sq mi (45.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453555|
Liberty Township covers an area of 49.48 square miles (128.2 km2); of this, 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) or 0.02 percent is water. The stream of Cosner Branch runs through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Center Township (north)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Guilford Township (east)
- Monroe Township, Morgan County (south)
- Adams Township, Morgan County (southwest)
- Clay Township (west)
- Franklin Township (west)
The township contains twelve cemeteries: Buchanan, Center Valley Friendship Baptist, Clayton, Davis, Friendship Missionary Baptist, Irons, Jones, McCormack, Miles, Salem Methodist, Spring Hill and Ungles.
Airports and landing strips
- Cooper Airport
- "Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files