Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.48 sq mi (128.14 km2)|
|• Land||49.46 sq mi (128.11 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||116.7/sq mi (45.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453555|
Liberty Township covers an area of 49.48 square miles (128.2 km2); of this, 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) or 0.02 percent is water. The stream of Cosner Branch runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Center Valley
- Magnetic Springs
- North Belleville
- Hello, Indiana
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Center Township (north)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Guilford Township (east)
- Monroe Township, Morgan County (south)
- Adams Township, Morgan County (southwest)
- Clay Township (west)
- Franklin Township (west)
The township contains twelve cemeteries: Buchanan, Center Valley Friendship Baptist, Clayton, Davis, Friendship Missionary Baptist, Irons, Jones, McCormack, Miles, Salem Methodist, Spring Hill and Ungles.
Airports and landing strips
- Cooper Airport 05IN
Liberty Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Clayton-Liberty Township Public Library in Clayton.
- "Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files