Liberty Township, Henry County, Indiana
Location in Henry County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||40.83 sq mi (105.7 km2)|
|• Land||40.79 sq mi (105.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.12%|
|Elevation||1,148 ft (350 m)|
|• Density||35.7/sq mi (13.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453556|
Liberty Township was organized in 1822.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.83 square miles (105.7 km2), of which 40.79 square miles (105.6 km2) (or 99.90%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.12%) is water. The streams of Bat Run, Batson Drain, Bell Run, Coo Run, Gravel Run, Millville Drain, Mud Run, Number One Arm, Number Two Arm, Pebble Run, Stone Branch, Tail Run and Wind Run run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Blue River Township (north)
- Dalton Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Jefferson Township, Wayne County (east)
- Jackson Township, Wayne County (southeast)
- Dudley Township (south)
- Franklin Township (southwest)
- Henry Township (west)
- Prairie Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Bell and White Heart.
Airports and landing strips
- New Castle-Henry County Municipal Airport
- "Liberty Township, Henry County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Hazzard, George (1906). Hazzard's History of Henry County, Indiana, 1822-1906. G. Hazzard, author and publisher. p. 881.