Liberty Township, Howard County, Indiana
Location in Howard County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.77 sq mi (82.3 km2)|
|• Land||31.53 sq mi (81.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.76%|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||4,870|
|• Density||154.2/sq mi (59.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453557|
Liberty Township is one of eleven townships in Howard County, Indiana, United States. The 1870 census shows that Liberty Township was formed in 1860 forming out of Green Township (which is no longer in existence; the rest of Green Township became Union Township) and from parts of Jackson Township.  As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,862 and it contained 2,042 housing units. Liberty Township hosts the Howard County fair each year in July in Greentown, which is the second biggest town in Howard County, and third biggest in the Kokomo Metropolitan Area after only Kokomo, and Tipton.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.77 square miles (82.3 km2), of which 31.53 square miles (81.7 km2) (or 99.24%) is land and 0.24 square miles (0.62 km2) (or 0.76%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Harrison Township, Miami County (north)
- Jackson Township, Miami County (northeast)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Union Township (southeast)
- Taylor Township (southwest)
- Howard Township (west)
- Clay Township, Miami County (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Freeman, Greenlawn, Hochstedler, Mast and Shrock. Lamb Cemetery, Lindley Cemetery
- Greentown Main Public Library, in Eastern Junior & Senior High School
- Greentown Children's Public Library, in Eastern Elementary School
- Kokomo-Howard County Public Library Main Branch (in Kokomo, but serves Liberty Township outside of Greentown)
- Kokomo-Howard County Public Library South Branch (in Kokomo, but serves Liberty Township outside of Greentown)
- Eastern-Howard Elementary School
- Eastern Junior & Senior High School
- Subway, in Greentown
- Crave Crepes, in Greentown
- Hucks Gas Station, in Greentown
- Smart Mart/Citgo Gas, in Greentown
- Family Dollar, in Greentown
- Kellys Ice Cream, in Greentown
- Walnut Street Bistro, in Greentown
- Blondie's Cookies Headquarters, in Greentown
- King Chef, in Greentown
- Haley's II Family Dining, in Greentown
- Ford, in Greentown
- Bank, in Greentown
- "Liberty Township, Howard County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Census". US Census. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "US Census Data". US Government Census Agency. Retrieved 26 February 2014.