Liberty Township, Porter County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.03 sq mi (64.84 km2)|
|• Land||24.75 sq mi (64.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.73 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||376.5/sq mi (145.38/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453559|
Liberty Township was organized in 1836.
Cities and towns
The town of Chesterton has grown south from Westchester Township and has incorporated parts of Liberty Township along State Route 49 near the Indiana Toll Road. Otherwise, there are no incorporated communities within the township.
Liberty Township is served by the Duneland School Corporation. The elementary school is Liberty Elementary, which serves grades K-4. Liberty Intermediate School serves grades 5 and 6. Chesterton Middle School serves grades 7 and 8. Its high school is Chesterton High School, located in Chesterton (Westchester Township) to the north which serves grade 9-12.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Liberty township, Porter County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 146.
- Porter County, Indiana Sesquicentennial, 150, 1836-1986
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|