Liberty Township, Union County, Indiana
Location in Union County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25 sq mi (60 km2)|
|• Land||23.72 sq mi (61.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.28 sq mi (3.3 km2) 5.12%|
|Elevation||748 ft (228 m)|
|• Density||43.9/sq mi (16.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47325, 47353|
|GNIS feature ID||453563|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25 square miles (65 km2), of which 23.72 square miles (61.4 km2) (or 94.88%) is land and 1.28 square miles (3.3 km2) (or 5.12%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Brownsville Township (north)
- Center Township (east)
- Union Township (southeast)
- Harmony Township (south)
- Jennings Township, Fayette County (west)
- Waterloo Township, Fayette County (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Patterson and Silver Creek.
- Whitewater Lake
- Whitewater Memorial State Park (vast majority)
- Union County-College Corner Joint School District
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 55
- State Senate District 43
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)