Liberty or Death
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Liberty or Death (disambiguation))
Liberty or Death is a slogan made famous during the independence struggle of several countries, notably including the United States of America, Brazil, Bulgaria, Greece, the Republic of Macedonia, Ireland, and Uruguay.
It can refer to:
- "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!", a famous quotation attributed to Patrick Henry near the start of the American Revolution.
- Liberty or Death (video game), a 1993 video game based on the American Revolutionary War.
- Liberty or Death (album), a 2007 album by the band Grave Digger.
- Freedom or Death (Macedonian: Слобода или смрт, transliterated: Svoboda ili sm'rt), a slogan of Bulgarian-Macedonian revolutionaries from Macedonia and the Internal Macedonian-Adrianople Revolutionary Organization. Also the national motto of the Republic of Macedonia derived from the Ilinden Uprising and the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization.
- Eleftheria i thanatos, the national motto of Greece, derived from the Greek War of Independence.
- "Свобода или смъртъ" (Svoboda ili smârt), a Bulgarian slogan used on Bulgarian revolutionary flags during and after the April Uprising of 1876.
- Liberty or Death, a poem by Ivan Vazov.
- "Libertad o muerte", the national motto of Uruguay.
- Samuel Sharpe, National Hero of Jamaica, who led the 1831 slave revolt known as the Baptist War, reportedly said before being hanged: "I would rather die among yonder gallows, than live in slavery."
- Sloboda ili smrt (Слобода или смрт), motto of the Chetniks
- Give Me Liberty (disambiguation)
- Give me Liberty, or give me Death!
- Live Free or Die, the state motto of New Hampshire
- Captain Michalis, a 1953 Greek novel by Nikos Kazantzakis titled as "Freedom or Death" in the US edition and "Freedom and Death" in the UK edition.
- Liberty or Death - by British author David Cook is a novella of the 1798 Irish rebellion
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Liberty or Death.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.