|Region||Ústí nad Labem|
|Elevation||166 m (545 ft)|
|Area||15.64 km2 (6.04 sq mi)|
|Density||239/km2 (619/sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postal code||411 17|
|Wikimedia Commons: Libochovice|
Libochovice (German: Libochowitz) is a town in the Czech Republic. Libochovice is a small town with a population of about 3,603 (as of 1.1.2012). It is located next to the Ohře River and Hazmburk mountain. From the first half of the seventeen century there was a strong Jewish community, but most died in Nazi concentration camps, and this community was never renewed after the Second World War. Among Jewish sights belongs cemetery, big house at Jewish quarter, where was school, kosher butchery and municipal authority, monument remembering for destroyed synagogue (first mentioned at 1651, destroyed around 1980) and mikveh.
People born in Libochovice
- Cross Border Database: Population on December 31, 2005 by sex Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "YIVO | Fanta, Berta". Yivoencyclopedia.org. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- (in Czech) Official Libochovice website
- (in Czech) Libochovice Castle
- Article about Libochovice Jews - CZ
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Libochovice.|
|This Ústí nad Labem Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|