Library Information Network of Clackamas County
|Type||Public library district|
|Established||1997 (as consortium);
2008 (as district)
|Reference to legal mandate||Measure 3-310
|Location||Clackamas County, Oregon|
Libraries in Clackamas County (LINCC) is a consortium of the public libraries of Clackamas County, Oregon. It was established in 1977 when the first county-wide funding levy was approved by county voters. LINCC is a resource and revenue sharing network with a single library computer system.
- two branches operated by the county in Oak Grove (Oak Lodge) and Sunnyside (Clackamas Corner),
- two branches operated by the city of Sandy: Sandy, Hoodland (in Welches)
- the city libraries operated by Canby, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie (the Ledding Library), Molalla, Oregon City, West Linn, and Wilsonville.
The member libraries share an integrated library system which allows cooperative borrowing. Shared services, including cataloging, computer support, courier, and interlibrary loan, are coordinated by the Network Office, a department of the county government. The system currently offers nearly half a million titles, 1.2 million items, and serves over 200,000 members, who check out more than 6.2 million items each year.
In November 2008, Measure 3-310 was passed by Clackamas County voters, leading to the creation of a Library District that established permanent property tax-based funding for libraries in the county.
The cities of Damascus, Tualatin, and Johnson City opted out of the district's creation. In May 2010, a close vote by the small subset of Tualatin residents who are also Clackamas County residents meant that they would join the district. Following a petition signed by 300 Damascus residents, Damascus voters approved a measure to join the Clackamas County library district in November 2010.
- "Formation of Library District of Clackamas County" (PDF). Clackamas County, Oregon. November 4, 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- Canby Public Library from its city website
- Library Hours & Locations Archived September 14, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. from the Clackamas County website
- About the Library from the City of Sandy website
- Official website of the Estacada Public Library
- Official website of the Gladstone Public Library
- Lake Oswego Public Library from its city website
- Ledding Library of Milwaukie: Governance & Funding from the city of Milwaukie website
- Library from the City of Molalla website
- About the Library from the City of West Linn website
- Official website of the City of Wilsonville
- Roberts, Anthony (November 4, 2008). "Clackamas County Library District wins big". The Clackamas Review. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Tualatin's Clackamas County voters barely supporting library annexation". The Oregonian. May 19, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- Tims, Dana (May 15, 2010). "Damascus residents mount campaign to join Clackamas County library district". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-07-04.