Library of Economics and Liberty
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
Econlib supplies educational resources of economic thought and has been online since February 1999. It hosts several different resources including daily, weekly, and monthly articles, podcasts, and blog items, all by economists. The resources also include the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (CEE), which includes several articles and biographies by economists. The recently updated CEE was first published as the 1993 Fortune Encyclopedia of Economics.
On the site are classic books republished, including those by Adam Smith, David Ricardo, Thomas Malthus, John Stuart Mill, Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk, John Bates Clark, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Karl Marx, and Friedrich List. Books by authors such as James M. Buchanan are also available on Econlib.
Subsidiaries of Econlib include:
- EconLog, an economics blog ongoing since 2003, with economists Scott Sumner, David R. Henderson, and Bryan Caplan.
- EconTalk, a continuing series of podcasts begun in March 2006 with host Russ Roberts of Stanford University's Hoover Institution. Topics cover the economics of sports, law and economics, the financial crisis of 2007–2010, health care, public choice, entrepreneurship, free trade, and more.
Most Econlib site resources are oriented toward students and teachers in college, late high school, or early graduate school, with a focus on economics. Links to famous passages from syllabi and library reading rooms are available for classroom, syllabi, and general use. Printable formats are available for non-copyright items.
Econlib is supervised by economists who serve as editors and overseers. Econlib articles are written by economists, with occasional invited contributions on topics in the news written by non-academics.
- Library of Economics and Liberty. econlib.org – Home page of Econlib, the Library of Economics and Liberty.
- EconLog. Economics Blog, Arnold Kling, Bryan Caplan, and David R. Henderson, ed.
- EconTalk. Economics Podcasts, hosted by Russ Roberts
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. David R. Henderson, ed.
- Liberty Fund's Online Library of Liberty. Books and more.