This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||3.0 / January 02, 2013|
3.31 / 3 March 2020
|License||GNU General Public License|
Libreswan is created by almost all of the Openswan developers after a lawsuit about the ownership of the Openswan name was filed against Paul Wouters, the release manager of Openswan, in December 2012. The lawsuit was later settled out of court. The Libreswan project has an active community of developers and contributors with regular releases. They can be found on the
#swan channel on the Freenode IRC service.
Libreswan supports most of the common type of IPsec configurations people use including configuration like host to host VPN, subnet to subnet VPN.
- "Releases - libreswan/libreswan". 2020-03-03. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "LICENSE". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Wouters, Paul (2012-12-15). "Resignation from Openswan". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Wouters, Paul (2012-12-16). "My resignation of The Openswan Project". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Paul Wouters (2014-07-14). "History of The Libreswan Project". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Configuration examples - Libreswan". libreswan.org. Retrieved 2019-07-12.