|Initial release||3.0 / January 02, 2013|
3.29 / 10 June 2019
|License||GNU General Public License|
Libreswan is created by almost all of the Openswan developers after a lawsuit about the ownership of the Openswan name was filed against Paul Wouters, the release manager of Openswan, in December 2012. The lawsuit was later settled out of court. The Libreswan project has an active community of developers and contributors with regular releases. They can be found on the
#swan channel on the Freenode IRC service.
Libreswan supports most of the common type of IPsec configurations people use including configuration like host to host VPN, subnet to subnet VPN. While written for libreswan, the instructions will work for openswan as well unless specifically noted. The official libreswan repository is present at GitHub.
- "libreswan-3.29 released". 2019-06-10. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "LICENSE". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Wouters, Paul (2012-12-15). "Resignation from Openswan". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Wouters, Paul (2012-12-16). "My resignation of The Openswan Project". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Paul Wouters (2014-07-14). "History of The Libreswan Project". Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Configuration examples - Libreswan". libreswan.org. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- Libreswan (2019-07-11), libreswan. Contribute to libreswan/libreswan development by creating an account on GitHub, retrieved 2019-07-12