|Initial release||September 23, 1999|
1.1.33 / January 3, 2019
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows, CygWin, Mac OS, RISC OS, OS/2, VMS, QNX, MVS...|
libxslt is the XSLT C library developed for the GNOME project. It provides an implementation of XSLT 1.0, plus most of the EXSLT set of processor-portable extensions functions and some of Saxon's evaluate and expressions extensions. libxslt is based on libxml2, which it uses for XML parsing, tree manipulation and XPath support. It is free software released under the MIT License and can be reused in commercial applications.
libxslt can be used either as library embedded into an application, or via the xsltproc command line tool. The integration into applications is eased by a multitude of language bindings and wrappers. Being written in C, libxslt is a fast and low-resource processor. This makes it a popular choice for DocBook formatting and as standard XSLT processor for programming languages like PHP, Perl  or Python.
- libxslt Home Page: Introduction
- Pashley, David .Benchmarking XSLT processors. No longer available online (2016).
- DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide - 4th Edition: XSLT Processors
- libxslt Home Page: DocBook
- php.net: XSL functions
- Perl bindings for libxslt
- Python binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries Archived 2010-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "The WebKit Open Source Project - XSLT". Retrieved 2009-10-25.
|This computer-library-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This markup language article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|