Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport
|Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport|
Aeropuerto Internacional de Puerto Vallarta Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz
|Operator||Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico|
|Serves||Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit|
|Location||Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
Source: Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico
Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (sometimes abbreviated as Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport) (IATA: PVR, ICAO: MMPR) is an international airport located at Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco in Mexico. The airport is named after President Gustavo Díaz Ordaz (1964–70). It handled 4,063,300 passengers in 2016 and 4,522,600 passengers in 2017.
Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport is mainly a tourist airport, with most passengers visiting the airport in the winter, spring and early summer, just before the rainy season hits the area. The airport serves multiple destinations in North America, and the British tourist airline TUI Airways serves the airport with two weekly year-round flights to both London-Gatwick and Manchester using their Boeing 787 aircraft. Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Houston are the busiest international routes from the airport, serving more that than 100 thousand passengers annually. Among all airlines that serve the airport, WestJet serves the greatest number of international destinations, connecting 12 different Canadian cities with Puerto Vallarta during the high season. Free Wifi is available throughout the airport, and food services and shopping are both abundant after clearing security.
Expansion and growth
Puerto Vallarta has seen growth and expansion due to higher demand. In the 21st century, multiple airlines have expanded at the airport, along with new airlines and aircraft upgrades.
Airlines and destinations
|1||Distrito Federal (México), Mexico City||438,806||Aeromar, Aeroméxico, Aeroméxico Connect, Interjet, Magni, VivaAerobus, Volaris|
|2||Nuevo León, Monterrey||107,993||Aeroméxico Connect, Magni, VivaAerobus, Volaris|
|3||Baja California, Tijuana||58,198||Volaris|
|4||Jalisco, Guadalajara||47,563||Aeromar, Calafia Airlines, Interjet, TAR, VivaAerobus|
|5||México (state), Toluca||34,713||Interjet, Volaris|
|6||Guanajuato, León||11,895||Interjet, TAR|
|7||Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes||7,009||Interjet, TAR|
|8||San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí||3,531||TAR|
|12||Chihuahua, Ciudad Juárez||751|
|14||Sinaloa, Los Mochis||213|
|1||United States, Los Angeles||213,949||Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Interjet, Southwest Airlines, Volaris|
|2||United States, San Francisco||136,983||Alaska Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America|
|3||United States, Dallas||132,668||1||American Airlines, Sun Country Airlines|
|4||United States, Houston (airports George Bush & Hobby)[Note 1]||112,659||1||Southwest Airlines, United Airlines|
|5||United States, Chicago||88,162||2||American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines|
|6||United States, Denver||84,170||1||Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines|
|7||United States, Phoenix||83,621||1||American Airlines|
|8||Canada, Calgary||82,915||2||Air Canada Rouge, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|9||Canada, Vancouver||73,863||1||Air Canada, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|10||Canada, Toronto||62,488||1||Air Canada Rouge, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|11||United States, Atlanta||45,417||1||Delta Air Lines|
|12||United States, Minneapolis||43,709||1||Delta Air Lines, Sun Country Airlines|
|13||United States, Seattle||40,303||1||Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines|
|14||United States, Oakland||35,091||28||Southwest Airlines|
|15||Canada, Montréal||33,680||1||Air Canada Rouge, Air Transat|
- Official statistics include airports George Bush and Hobby.
- "Traffic Report" (PDF). Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico. January 2018. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- "Copa Airlines announces flights to Puerto Vallarta" (in Spanish). EnElAire. May 2018. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- "Finnair adds Havana, Goa, Puerto Vallarta and Puerto Plata for winter 2017, increases frequencies to Bangkok, Delhi, Hong Kong and Singapore". Finnair. January 2017. Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- "Interjet cancels routes operated with SSJ100" (in Spanish). EnElAire. November 2018. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- "Swoop announces fligts to Mexico" (in Spanish). EnElAire. October 2018. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Operational Statistics of Airports in the ASA Network" (in Spanish). Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares. January 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport.|
- Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/MMPR.html Current weather at MMPR from NOAA
- TripAdvisor page on arrival at PVR, including warning about the Shark Tank.
- Airport information for MMPR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.