From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Lid or lid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lid or LID may refer to:
Science and technology
- Language Independent Datatypes (now General Purpose Datatypes), in computer science
- Library Interchange Definition, file format in the Open Dylan programming language
- Light-Weight Identity, a protocol for claiming a digital identity on the Internet
- Lithium deuteride, a chemical used as deuterium-dense fuel in thermonuclear weapons
- Local light injection and detection, in fiber optics, a method to determine fiber splice losses, especially in polarisation-maintaining fiber
- League for Industrial Democracy, political party
- Left and Democrats (Lewica i Demokraci), a former electoral alliance in Poland
- The ICAO code for Alidaunia Servizio Helibus, an aviation company
- Local improvement district, a precursor to the rural municipality government system in Western Canada
- Low-impact development (U.S. and Canada), the term is used in Canada and the United States to describe a land planning and engineering design approach to managing stormwater runoff.
- Low-impact development (UK), the term is used in the UK for a type of development which through its low negative environmental impact either enhances or does not significantly diminish environmental quality
- Location identifier, in aviation
- Low-iodine diet, a diet low in iodine, as recommended before having a thyroid cancer screening
- Latent iron deficiency
- A poor operator; one who is inept at the practice of the practice/art in the amateur radio service (derogatory)
- Live In Digger, a derogatory term used to refer to a Private in the Australian Army who has served for less than one year
- In the 1960s to mid 1980's, "lid" was slang for one ounce of cannabis
- Colloquial term for capping inversion, inhibits atmospheric convection
- All pages beginning with "Lid"
- All pages with a title containing Lid
- independent identically-distributed random variables (iid), possible misreading/misspelling of "lid"
- Lip (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Note: This page may need to be cleaned up to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Further information might be found on the talk page. Tools: DabFix