|Location||Railway Parade, Lidcombe|
|Elevation||22 metres (72 ft)|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||16.61 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||6 (2 dock, 1 island, 2 side)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||1 November 1858|
|Previous names||Haslams Creek|
|2018||27,740 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Lidcombe railway station is located on the Main Suburban line, serving the Sydney suburb of Lidcombe. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Western, T2 Inner West & Leppington, T3 Bankstown and T7 Olympic line services.
Lidcombe station opened on 1 November 1858 as Haslams Creek Station after local landowner, Samuel Haslam. When in 1867 land was set aside for a cemetery nearby, the residents renamed the locality Rookwood. The official name of the station was changed in 1878. By the turn of the century the Necropolis was also called Rookwood, so on 1 January 1914 the station name was renamed again to Lidcombe.
In 2010, an extra dock platform for terminating City via Bankstown trains was opened. This was built as part of the CityRail Clearways Project which was intended to untangle the various lines and make the network simpler to operate. In conjunction with a companion project at Homebush, operation of the Bankstown line was separated from the Inner West & Leppington Line in October 2013. The changes resulted in the discontinuation of almost all trains to Liverpool via Regents Park prompting a community campaign to reinstate lost services.
Platforms and services
Lidcombe has six platforms: five for ordinary suburban services, and one for the shuttle between Lidcombe and Olympic Park – officially Platform 0 but known simply as the Olympic Park Sprint platform. During times of special events, some train services may make additional calls at Lidcombe.
|0||services to Olympic Park|||
|1||services to Gordon, Hornsby & Berowra via Central (Weekdays Only)|||
|2||services to Penrith, Richmond & Emu Plains (Weekdays Only)|||
|3||services to Lindfield, Gordon, Hornsby & Berowra via Central|||
|services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Penrith, Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|services to Parramatta & Leppington via Granville|||
|5||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
Transit Systems operates four bus routes via Lidcombe station:
- 401: to Lidcombe Birnie Avenue loop service
- 915: to University of Sydney Cumberland Campus (limited semester service)
- 920: Parramatta station to Bankstown station
- 925: to East Hills via the Botanica Estate and Bankstown
Lidcombe station is served by three NightRide routes:
- N50: Liverpool station to Town Hall station
- N60: Fairfield station to Town Hall station
- N61: Carlingford station to Town Hall station
The Lidcombe Junction trackplan includes the Lidcombe Triangle Loop with a direct bi-directional track between Auburn and Berala. The Lidcombe Triangle Loop is primarily used during trackwork as a diversion route for trains from the Western Line to connect with the Bankstown Line towards Sydney CBD.
- NSW Train Stations Barrier Dashboard 2004-2018 Institute for Sustainable futures UTS
- Lidcombe Station NSWrail.net
- Lidcombe Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Olympic Sprint Platform Enters Service" Railway Digest June 1999 page 10
- City Trains Reduced for South West Sydney Commuters in 2013 Timetable Shakeup Telegraph 21 October 2016
- Get to the show fast as a speeding Bullet Western Advocate 15 April 2014
- Getting to Sydney Olympic Park Transport for New South Wales
- "T7: Olympic Park line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T1: Western line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 401". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 915". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route M92". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 925". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N61 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "RailSafe. Worksite Protection Planning Diagrams. Inner West Line - Lidcombe to Cabramatta via Regents Park - S00" (PDF). RailSafe. 19 July 2022. Retrieved 30 January 2023.
Media related to Lidcombe railway station at Wikimedia Commons