Lidcombe railway station
Station front in August 2007
|Location||Railway Parade, Lidcombe|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||16.61 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||6 (2 dock, 1 island, 2 side)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||1 November 1858|
|Previous names||Haslams Creek|
|Passengers (2013)||11,440 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Lidcombe railway station is located on the Main Suburban line, serving the Sydney suburb of Lidcombe. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Western, T2 Inner West & Leppington, T3 Bankstown and T7 Olympic line services.
|Major features of the station|
Lidcombe station opened on 1 November 1858 as Haslams Creek after local landowner, Samuel Haslam. When in 1867 land was set aside for a cemetery nearby, the residents renamed the locality Rookwood. The official name of the station was changed in 1878. By the turn of the century the Necropolis was also called Rookwood, so on 1 January 1914 the station name was renamed again to Lidcombe.
In 2010, an extra dock platform for terminating City via Bankstown trains was opened. This was built as part of the CityRail Clearways Project which was intended to untangle the various lines and make the network simpler to operate. In conjunction with a companion project at Homebush, operation of the Bankstown line was separated from the former Inner West line in October 2013. The changes resulted in the discontinuation of almost all trains to Liverpool via Regents Park prompting a community campaign to reinstate lost services.
Platforms & services
Lidcombe has six platforms: five for ordinary suburban services, and one for the shuttle between Lidcombe and Olympic Park - officially Platform 0 but known simply as the Olympic Park Sprint platform. During times of special events, NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains and Bathurst Bullet services make additional calls at Lidcombe.
|0||services to Olympic Park|||
|1||services to Hornsby via Central|||
|2||services to Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|3||services to Hornsby via Central|||
|services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|services to Parramatta & Leppington via Granville|||
|5||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
Transdev NSW operates three routes via Lidcombe station:
- 915: to University of Sydney Cumberland Campus (limited semester service)
- 925: to East Hills
- M92: Parramatta station to Sutherland station
Transit Systems operates one route via Lidcombe station:
Lidcombe station is served by three NightRide routes:
- N50: Liverpool station to City (Town Hall)
- N60: Fairfield station to City (Town Hall)
- N61: Carlingford station to City (Town Hall)
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Lidcombe Station NSWrail.net
- Lidcombe Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Olympic Sprint Platform Enters Service" Railway Digest June 1999 page 10
-  City Trains Reduced for South West Sydney Commuters in 2013 Timetable Shakeup
- Get to the show fast as a speeding Bullet Western Advocate 15 April 2014
- 2014 Sydney Royal Easter Show Event Readiness Plan[permanent dead link] Transport for New South Wales
- "T7: Olympic Park line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T1: Western line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 915". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 925". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route M92". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 401". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N61 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Lidcombe railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Lidcombe station details Transport for New South Wales