Lidcombe railway station
Station front in August 2007
|Location||Railway Parade, Lidcombe|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||16.61 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||6 (1 dock, 1 island, 2 side)|
|Opened||1 November 1858|
|Previous names||Haslams Creek|
Lidcombe station opened on 1 November 1858 as Haslams Creek after local landowner, Samuel Haslam. When in 1867 land was set aside for a cemetery nearby, the residents renamed the locality Rookwood. The official name of the station was changed in 1878. By the turn of the century the Necropolis was also called Rookwood, so on 1 January 1914 the station name was renamed again to Lidcombe.
In 2010, an extra dock platform for terminating City via Bankstown trains was opened. This was built as part of the CityRail Clearways Project which was intended to untangle the various lines and make the network simpler to operate. In conjunction with a companion project at Homebush, operation of the Bankstown line was separated from the former Inner West line in October 2013. The changes resulted in the discontinuation of almost all trains to Liverpool via Regents Park prompting a community campaign to reinstate lost services.
Platforms & services
Lidcombe has six platforms: five for ordinary suburban services, and one for the shuttle between Lidcombe and Olympic Park - officially Platform 0 but known simply as the Olympic Park Sprint platform. During times of special events, NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains and Bathurst Bullet services make additional calls at Lidcombe.
|0||services to Olympic Park|||
|1||services to Hornsby via Central||mainly used during weekday peak hours|
|services to Central||one morning peak service|
|2||services to Richmond & Emu Plains||mainly used during weekday peak hours|
|3||services to Hornsby via Central|||
|services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|services to Leppington & Campbelltown via Granville|||
|5||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|||
State Transit Authority operate one route via Lidcombe station:
Transdev NSW operates three routes via Lidcombe station:
- 915: to University of Sydney Cumberland Campus (limited semester service)
- 925: to East Hills
- M92: Parramatta station to Sutherland station
- N50: Liverpool station to City (Town Hall)
- N60: Fairfield station to City (Town Hall)
- N61: Carlingford station to City (Town Hall)
- Lidcombe Station NSWrail.net
- Lidcombe Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Olympic Sprint Platform Enters Service" Railway Digest June 1999 page 10
-  City Trains Reduced for South West Sydney Commuters in 2013 Timetable Shakeup
- Get to the show fast as a speeding Bullet Western Advocate 15 April 2014
- 2014 Sydney Royal Easter Show Event Readiness Plan Transport for New South Wales
- "T7: Olympic Park line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T1: North Shore & Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "T6: Carlingford line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T1: Western line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 401 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- "Route 915 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 September 2014.
- "Route 925 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route M92 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 October 2013.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW