Lidia Valentín in 2008.
|Birth name||Lidia Valentin Perez|
February 10, 1985 |
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|Coached by||Matías Fernández|
|Achievements and titles|
|Updated on 12 August 2016.|
At the 2007 World Championships she ranked overall sixth in the 75 kg category with a total of 240 kg. At the 2013 World Championships Lidia placed 3rd in the snatch until Olga Zubova got disqualified for using a banned substance in competition, which increased Lidia's position to third in the total and second in the snatch.
Valentín competed at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, finishing in fifth and fourth place, respectively. However, in 2016, after the retesting of the samples from that category at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, it was found that the five medalists all have tested positive for prohibited substances; if the B samples return positive, the medals would be stripped from them, meaning that Valentin would be the gold medalist for the event in 2012 and silver in 2008, thus increasing the medal tally for Spain by 1. While waiting for the confirmation of the past results, Valentín competed in the 2016 Olympics, where she lifted a total of 240 kg and won a bronze medal. It was Spain's first medal ever in weightlifting.
At the European Championships, she won overall two gold medals in 2014 and 2015, three silver medals in 2008, 2012 and 2013 and another three bronze medals in 2007, 2009 and 2011, with two gold medals and four silver medals in the snatch and one gold medal, one silver medal and five bronze medals in the clean and jerk.
- Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's 75 kg
- List of European Weightlifting Championships medalists
Notes and references
- "Lidia, I de España y III de Europa" (in Spanish). Diario de León. 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "Lidia Valentín logra el bronce en el Europeo de 75 kilos" (in Spanish). Marca. 2009-04-10. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "Valentin Lidia (ESP)". IAT Weightlifting Database.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 27, 2013. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- 2013 IWF World Championships
- Lidia Valentín  . sports-reference.com
- "Diploma olímpico para la haltera Lidia Valentín" (in Spanish). La Vanguardia. 2008-08-15. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Lydia Valentín se lleva la medalla de bronce en halterofilia
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|