Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 ( EEST)|
Lielirbe (Livonian: Īra) is a populated place in Tārgale parish, Ventspils municipality, Latvia. One of the twelve Livonian villages on Līvõd rānda - the Livonian Coast. Other names: Liyelirbe, Gross Irben, Lielirbes Ciems
Born in Lielirbe:
- Martynas Lepstė (Livonian: Maŗt Lepst ) (1881-1958) — Livonian sailor and teacher on the Liv coast in 1923-1938, chairman of the Livonian Union in 1924-1933. 
- Ditrick Bloom (1893-1970) — conductor of the Great Boy's Choir.
- Emily Rull (1910-1989) — a poet.
- Valda Bluma-Šuvcanė (1923-2007) — researcher of the Livonian culture and history.
- "The teaching of Livonian in the coast schools was undertaken by the Livonian sailor Maŗt Lepst, who ended up riding on horseback from town to town, teaching at each school one day a week." Virtual Livonia. History. The Second National Awakening.
|This Courland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|