Life Below Zero
|Life Below Zero|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||64 (as of April 14, 2016)|
|Producer(s)||Barbara Doran, Josh Freed|
|Original network||National Geographic Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||April 14, 2013– present|
Life Below Zero is a documentary television series which illustrates the daily and seasonal activities of subsistence hunters as they make their living in remote areas of Alaska. Produced by BBC Worldwide the show airs on the National Geographic Channel Thursday's at 9/8c.
The show follows six people who live in the remote areas of Alaska, trying to survive in the below zero conditions, demonstrating their everyday struggles as they hunt and depend only on themselves and survive using the resources they have.
- Sue Aikens – is a 50-year-old woman living in Kavik, Alaska 197 miles North of the Arctic Circle in extreme isolation. Her motto is "If it hurts, don't think about it." 
- Chip and Agnes Hailstone – live with seven children on the Kobuk River in Noorvik 19 miles North of the Arctic Circle. Chip lived in Kalispell, Montana before moving to Alaska. Agnes is Native Alaskan, an Inupiaq born in Noorvik and is the one member of the cast who has spent their entire life in Alaska, as well as the longest. She has family ties to the lands that extend thousands of years, and knowledge that has been passed down from generation to generation. Although Agnes is more the focus of the Hailstones segments, her whole family comes to the screen with her.
- Glenn Villeneuve – moved from Vermont to Alaska in 1999. He lives alone in Chandalar, 200 miles north of Fairbanks, Alaska and 65 miles North of the Arctic Circle.
- Jessie Holmes – He lives in Nenana, Alaska where he is a fisherman, hunter and dogsled racer living alone with his over 15 dogs.
- Andy Bassich – lives on the Yukon River with his couple dozen sled dogs. He came to Alaska after moving from Washington D.C. with his wife. His wife, Kate, later left and Andy continues on alone.
- Erik Salitan – is a 29-year-old man living with his wife Martha 67 miles north of the Arctic Circle in Wiseman, Alaska.
- "Life Below Zero | National Geographic Channel". Channel.nationalgeographic.com. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Meet the Cast of Life Below Zero | National Geographic Channel". Channel.nationalgeographic.com. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Sue Aikens - Life Below Zero Article".
- "Chip & Agnes Hailstone - Life Below Zero Article".
- "Glenn Villeneuve - Life Below Zero Article".
- "Jesse Holmes - Life Below Zero Article".
- "Erik Salitan - Life Below Zero Article".