|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location(s)||Belvedere House, Westmeath, Ireland|
|Years active||2006 – present|
Life Festival is an annual Irish music festival held in Belvedere House and Gardens in Westmeath, Ireland, with arts activities and street performers, from jugglers, fire breathers to magicians. There is a healing area for massage, yoga workshops and reiki.
- Best Irish Dance Festival in the first Irish Festival Awards in 2007 and 2009.
- Nominated for the top 10 Small Festivals in the European Festival Awards 2009.
- Best Dance Festival in Ireland (2007-2009-2010-2011-2012).
- Top 10 Best Small Festivals of Europe (2010)
- RA Top 10 Festivals May (2010-2011-2012).
Life Festival originated from the Glade arena at Glastonbury, kicking off with emerging artists DJ Sensor & MC Feedback hosting a day of Drum & Bass. Since becoming a festival in its own right in 2004 it has gone on to become regarded as the premier underground electronic music event in Ireland.
The 2006 event was held at Charleville Castle, around 500 people attended. 2007 and 2008 event held in Lough Cutra Castle (Gort – Galway), capacity increased to 2000 people. 2009 festival took place from 16–19 July 2009. Tickets cost £125 for the weekend, and tickets sold out on 14 July. The location for 2009's festival was Lough Cutra Castle. By moving to the new location (closer to Dublin), Life festival started to grow in attendance numbers.
The 2010 festival took place 29–31 May at Belvedere House Park and Gardens (Mullingar – Co. WestMeath). 2011 tickets went on sale on 12 January 2011. The festival took place on 27–29 May 2011. 2012 festival took place on the 25th to 27 May 2012, at Belvedere house. 2013 festival took place on the 24th to 26 May 2013, at Belvedere House.
Change of site
Life festival has moved venue four times. Started in Charleville Castle (2006) then Lough Cutra Castle (Gort, Co. Galway) during 2007–2008, Ballinlough Castle (2009) and its home Belvedere House (Mullingar, Co. WestMeath) 2009.
The festival's music genre is a mix of traditional music instruments backed with an electronic pulse, including live bands and Electronica: Psytrance, Dubstep, Drum&Bass, Techno, Reggae, Dub, Electro, Breaks, Minimal, and Progressive.
- 2006: (9–11 June): Hilight tribe, Peaking Goddess Collective, CPU, Aphid Moon..
- 2007 (15–17 June):: Dreadzone, Grooverider, Long Range, Krafty Kutz, and e-Skilz.
- 2008 (4–6 July): Finley Quay, Hallucinogen, Cold Cut, Dj Marky, Skream, Mala, Jape, Max Romeo.
- 2009 (20–22 July): Carl Craig, Green Velvet, Astrix, Goldie, Sebastien LegerR, Altern8, Oscar Mulero, Andrew Weatherall, Daydin, Kindzadza, Caspa
- 2010 (18–20 May): Infected Mushroom, (Old School set), Ricardo Villalobos, Chris Liebing, LTJ Bukem, Mc Conrad, Ben Sims, Surgeon, a.k.a, Frequency7, Mad Professor, Joker, Mc Nomad, Hilight Tribe, The Japanese Popstars, Boris Divider, Zion Train, Ancient Methods, Hatcha, Doc Scott, Massi DL, Neil Landstrumm, Exium .... and many many more...
- 2011 (16–19 May): Vitalic, Jeff Mills ( First ever Irish Festival show), John Digweed, Dr. Lektroluv, Slam, Johnny Clarke (Jamaica) with full Live Band, Youngsta, X-Dream VS The Delta (retro 90's set), Juno Reactor (dj set), Cafe Del Mar Positive, Ramadanman, Sandwell District, The Orb soundsystem, Ed Rush, Michael Prophet full Live Band, Zoo Project ibiza party by the lake, Slam, mUmU party presents: Clive Henry (mUmu -Circoloco) & Dan Ghenacia ....
- 2012 (25–27 May): Ben Klock vs Marcel Dettmann, Jamie Jones, DJ Marky, Planetary Assault Systems, Engine-Earz Experiment, Matthias Tanzmann, Blawan, Emalkay, Martyn, Ace Ventura, Simphonix, Doc Daneeka & Benjamin Damage, Cosmin TRG, Lovebirds, Koxbox, Synkro, Ed Davenport, Nicholas, San Soda, Jovani, Bad Tango, Louie Cut, Kryptic Minds, Distance, Kasra, Loxy, Randall, King Kong Company, Arron Nolan and many more..
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Life Festival.|