Life Is Not a Waiting Room
|Life Is Not a Waiting Room|
|Studio album by Senses Fail|
|Released||October 7, 2008|
|Studio||Salad Days Studio in Baltimore, MD|
|Senses Fail chronology|
Life Is Not a Waiting Room is the third studio album by American band Senses Fail. It was the last recording by the band to feature guitarist Heath Saraceno and the first recording to feature Hot Water Music bassist Jason Black, who replaced Mike Glita after he departed from the band.
Sound and theme
Singer James "Buddy" Nielsen claims:
There is a real sense of urgency in the songs we've been writing. We're just now starting to find the direction for this record and you're definitely going to hear a more aggressive side of Senses Fail. The songs have a lot of grit and power and remind me of how I felt when we wrote From the Depths of Dreams. We are all very excited to get in the studio with Brian again and make the best music we've ever made.
The album chronicles Nielsen's hardship in breaking up with his longtime girlfriend, and his downward spiral into a life of alcoholism and depression. A terminally ill fan of Nielsen named Marcel helped him get through his depression and also "opened his eyes to some hard truths about the reality of the human condition."
The entire album was released for stream on their MySpace on October 1. It was released on October 7, 2008. On the same day, "Family Tradition" was released to radio. The photography for the album was done by Phill Mamula.
On September 4, 2013, the band announced the first ever vinyl pressings of the album. 500 blue and gray swirl and 500 tye-dye splatter copies of the album will be released on October 8, 2013.
The album charted on 18 in U.S. Billboard 200.
|1.||"Fireworks at Dawn"||2:10|
|2.||"Lungs Like Gallows"||3:21|
|5.||"Wolves at the Door"||3:27|
|6.||"Hair of the Dog"||3:50|
|8.||"Ali for Cody"||4:02|
|11.||"Map the Streets"||3:27|
UK bonus tracks
- "Life Is Not a Waiting Room" – 3:19
- "DB Cooper" – 2:59
iTunes bonus tracks
- "DB Cooper" – 2:59
- "Coming Up Short" – 2:14
- Buddy Nielsen – lead vocals, lyrics
- Garrett Zablocki – guitars, backing vocals
- Dan Trapp – drums, percussion
- Heath Saraceno – guitars, vocals
- Jason Black – bass
- Sons of Nero - artwork
- Karen, Tim (July 2008). "In the Studio". Alternative Press Issue 240, Page 38.
- Manley, Brendan (November 2008). "Change Is Way Overrated". Alternative Press. Issue 244, Page 147.
- Senses Fail Announces Life Is Not a Waiting Room Absolutepunk.net. Retrieved on June 25, 2008.
- "FMQB Airplay Archive: Modern Rock". Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report, Incorporated. Archived from the original on March 22, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Staple Records - Official Site".