Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands
|Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands|
OXO Tower viewed from the north bank of the Thames
|Key architects||Alex Lifschutz, Director
Paul Sandilands, Director
|Significant works and honors|
|Buildings||OXO Tower (1997)
Royal Victoria Dock Bridge (1998)
Golden Jubilee Bridges (2002),
Fit-out of La Rinascente Department Store, Milan (2007)
Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands is a practice of architects, urban designers and masterplanners established in 1986 and practicing out of London.
Alex Lifschutz and Ian Davidson met working on the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Headquarters for Foster and Partners, and formed Lifschutz Davidson in 1986. The practice became resident in Richard Rogers' Thames Wharf Studios in 1989 having collaborated on the roof extension, and became well known in the 1990s for work on London's South Bank with the Coin Street Community Builders, including the OXO Tower and Broadwall social housing.
After the death of Ian Davidson in 2003 the practice became Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands with Paul Sandilands as Director. It moved to the former Island Records home in St Peter's Square, Hammersmith, purchasing the building from the then owners of Island, Universal Music, and converting the former Royal Laundry to a large open-plan studio.
In 2013, the practice finalised designing a new auction house for Bonhams in London, and has also collaborated with the auction company in New York and Hong Kong. Additionally, it worked on a new sustainable suburb at Kidbrooke in South London, and a high-profile residential tower with public swimming pool and leisure centre on the South Bank for Coin Street Community Builders.
The practice was part of Team Populous, the official overlay architecture services provider for the London 2012 Olympics, led by Populous and comprising a consortium made up of Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands and Allies and Morrison.
In 2014 it was announced that the practice has been commissioned by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to conduct a study of the area from Fulham Broadway town centre to Stamford Bridge and beyond to establish ways the club could expand the stadium and to identify possible public realm improvements.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Offices at Thames Wharf, London (1991)
- Riverwalk, Southbank, London (1992)
- Sainsbury's, Canley (1994)
- Broadwall Housing, South Bank, London (1994)
- Sainsbury's, Watford (1995)
- Oxo Tower Wharf, South Bank, London (1996)
- Royal Victoria Dock Bridge, London (1998)
- Sainsbury's, Deal (1998)
- Golden Jubilee Bridges, London (1998)
- Harvey Nichols restaurant, Edinburgh (2002)
- Harvey Nichols restaurant, Knightsbridge, London (2002)
- Davidson Building, Covent Garden, London (2003)
- Asticus Building, St James, London (2006)
- Fit-out for La Rinascente, Milan, Italy (2006)
- Island Studios, Chiswick, London (2007)
- Charlotte Building, Gresse Street, London (2009)
- Tsvetnoy Central Market, Moscow (2010)
- Kidbrooke Village Masterplan, replacing the former Ferrier Estate, London (ongoing)
- Teenage Cancer Trust Ward, Birmingham (2010)
- University College London masterplan, London (2011)
- N02 and N14, residential blocks on the Athletes Village, London (2011)
- Jewish Community Centre for London - "JW3" (2013)
- Headquarters for Bonhams auctioneers, London (2013) - longlisted for the 2015 Stirling Prize. 
- Foyles flagship store, Charing Cross Road, London (2014) - longlisted for the 2015 Stirling Prize. 
- Fitzroy Place, the former Middlesex Hospital site, Fitzrovia, London (on site)
- The University of Birmingham's New Indoor Sports Facility, Birmingham (on site)
- La Rinascente, Rome, Italy (on site)
- Offices and station at Hanover Square (on site)
- Esders and Scheefhaals building "Au Pont Rouge", St Petersburg, Russia (on site)
- Masterplan for Chelsea F.C. with Herzog & de Meuron (current)
- The Illuminated River, London, (2017) 
The practice has won many awards for architecture and design, including:
- Eight RIBA Awards, four Royal Fine Arts Commission Awards including Building of the Year for Broadwall Housing.
- Seven Civic Trust Awards and "Office Architect of the Year" from Building Design in 2011.
- In 2012 the practice's Tsvetnoy Central Market project won the Society of British Interior Design inaugural Best Interior Design Award.
- Vogue Russia's Store of the Year.
- Interior Design Magazine's award for best retail interior.
- In 2014 the JW3 reached the midlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize.
- "WAN takes a tour of Bonhams' New Bond Street address with Paul Sandilands (LDS)", World Architecture News, 30 June 2014. Accessed 1 March.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- "Riba Stirling Prize 2015 shortlist revealed: Entries for British architecture's 'Oscar' are bling-free". The Independent. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- "Winning Team - The Illuminated River", The Illuminated River, 12 December 2016. Accessed 12 December.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-25. Retrieved 2011-10-07.