Lift (Shannon Noll album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Shannon Noll|
|Released||16 October 2005 (Australia)|
|Label||Sony BMG Australia|
|Shannon Noll chronology|
|Singles from Lift|
Lift is the second album by Australian singer-songwriter Shannon Noll. It was released by Sony BMG in Australia on 16 October 2005. Noll co-wrote eleven out of the thirteen songs in the album. The album debuted at number 1 on the Australian Recording Industry Association album chart on 23 October 2005 with a platinum certification and was eventually certified three times platinum. All four singles released from the album reached the Top 10 of the ARIA single chart, and proved to be very popular radio hits, with both "Shine" and "Now I Run" ending 2006 within the Top 10 most played songs on Australian radio.
Lift was nominated for "Best Pop Release" at the 2006 ARIA awards, the first industry voted nomination for any Australian Idol contestant. Further highlighting the longevity of Lift, the album ended 2005 as the 33rd biggest selling album in Australia and the 22nd biggest selling album in Australia of 2006.
- "Lift" (Adam Reily/Bryon Jones/Andrew Roachford/Shannon Noll) – 3:56
- "Shine" (Matthew Gerrard/Andy Stochansky) – 3:34
- "Give It Away" (Shannon Noll/Peter Gordeno/Gary Clark) – 3:47
- "Now I Run" (Peter Gordeno/Shannon Noll/Chris Porter) – 3:43
- "Lonely" (Adam Reily/Shannon Noll) – 4:42
- "Down on Me" (Phil Buckle/Shannon Noll) – 3:52
- "Don't Fight It" (Phil Thornalley/Wayne Hector) – 3:45
- "Losing It All" (Adam Riley/Shannon Noll/David Lesley) – 4:05
- "All I Want Is More" (Steve Booker/David Nicholas/Michael Stangel/Shannon Noll) – 3:05
- "This Is It" (Shannon Noll/Wayne Hector/Phil Thornalley) – 3:51
- "Letter to You" (Paul Wiltshire/Victoria Wu/Adam Gould/Shannon Noll) – 3:42
- "Everything I Wanted" (Phil Buckle/Shannon Noll) – 4.14
- "Before We Say Goodbye" (Shannon Noll/Dave Munday/Phil Thornalley) – 3:18
Charts and sales
The album debuted at number one in the ARIA albums chart the week after release. It gradually dropped down in the chart, but steeply rose into the top ten again in May 2006, reaching a secondary peak at number seven. The album was certified three times platinum by ARIA with sales to date of 250,000+.
The Lift album was reissued on 25 September 2006 with a bonus DVD featuring the music video for the four singles released from the album and a 20-minute documentary where Shannon discusses the filming of the music videos and offers his own distinctive commentary during the playback of each video. The reissue of Lift saw the album rise back up to number twenty-three on the ARIA albums chart.
The 'Lift' album was issues as a dual disc, CD on one side and DVD on the other. The CD side contained the album, the DVD side contained the entire album in enhanced audio plus 'Lift - behind the scenes'.
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart||1|
|Australasian Albums Chart||1|
-  "2006 Accreditations". Retrieved 21 June 2007.
- ARIA "End of Year Charts 2005". Retrieved 21 June 2007
- ARIA "End of Year Charts 2006". Retrieved 21 June 2007
- "Australian Albums Chart". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 22 October 2006.
See the Sun by Pete Murray
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart number-one album
24 October 2005 – 30 October 2005
Intensive Care by Robbie Williams