Lifted Research Group
|Founded||Orange County, California (1999 )|
|Headquarters||Irvine, California, U.S.|
Lifted Research Group, commonly known as LRG, is an American, Orange County, California based clothing brand headed by Jonas Bevacqua and Robert Wright. LRG produces clothing and accessories, and also has been known to develop a broad range of products consisting of electronic accessories, extreme vehicles, and outdoor equipment including sporting goods and more. The company is also involved in the promotion of underground recording artists and sponsors a skateboarding team. Entrepreneur magazine ranked the company at #5 on its 2007 Hot 500 list of fastest-growing companies.
Lifted Research Group was founded in 1999 by Jonas Bevacqua and Robert Wright. Wright brought extensive experience in the streetwear industry to LRG, having worked with such companies as Quiksilver, O'Neill, and Katin during an eight-year span. He also contributed the resources to create the company's initial samples and patterns. Bevacqua also raised the initial start-up capital from friends of his adopted father, who worked in the fashion industry. This capital was used to finance an initial product run that sold out during their first day at the Action Sports Retailer Expo in San Diego, California. The company became profitable by 2002, and made its first $1 million in 2000.
In late 2005, L-R-G announced their new women's clothing line, called Luxirie, which targets the 18- to 30-year-old women's group. Designs from the label cover six themes, ranging from Western to military, and include signature items such as crystal-covered jeans. The label launched in the United States and Canada in fall 2006.
Also in fall 2006, wireless provider T-Mobile launched a limited edition Sidekick III designed by LRG. It was equipped with the same technical features as the Sidekick III and sported a green-on-green theme that made liberal use of L-R-G's logo. After a production run of 10,000 units, T-Mobile's website reported that it was sold out.
- "Hot 500 Company Listing" (PDF). Entrepreneur Magazine. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "LRG Clothing Brand Information". SoJones. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Erwin, Joey. "No Room for Lethargy at LRG; Lifted Research Group Passionately Promotes the Underground Skate Culture". Daily News Record. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Lifted Research Group Company Information". Entrepreneur. Retrieved August 12, 2007.
- Tran, Khanh T.L. (2005-11-02). "L-R-G to Enter Women's Urban Market with Luxirie". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 2007-08-12.
- "Limited Edition LRG Sidekick 3/hiptop3 Review". cNet. Retrieved 2007-08-12.
- "T-Mobile Sidekick 3 phone details". T-Mobile. Retrieved 2007-08-12.
- Esquivel, Paloma (June 1, 2011). "Fashion designer Jonas Bevacqua, 33, found dead in Laguna Beach home". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- Clay, Joanna (November 10, 2011). "Coroner: LRG co-founder died of natural causes". Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot. Retrieved January 21, 2013.