|Founded||2 October 2011|
|Ceased operation||June 2018|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||366 (April 2018)|
Light-City Buses was an Australian bus service operator in Adelaide. It operated services as part of the Adelaide Metro network under contract to the Government of South Australia. It was a subsidiary of Broadspectrum, formerly known as Transfield Services. In June 2018, the business was purchased by Torrens Transit.
In October 2011 Light-City Buses commenced operating the Adelaide Metro North-South and Outer North East region services under contact to the Government of South Australia. The two contract regions covered 43% of the bus services in Adelaide.
The contracts were to run for an initial eight-year term, from 2 October 2011 to 30 June 2019 with an optional four-year extension exercisable if performance criteria was met. Transfield Services had previously unsuccessfully tendered to operate buses in Adelaide in 2004 in a joint venture with Transdev. The two contracts had been operated by Torrens Transit since April 2005 and between 2000 and 2005 by Serco.
- Transfield Services awarded $567 million Adelaide metropolitan bus contract Transfield Services 29 April 2011
- Report on the Adelaide Metro Bus Service Contracts Archived 19 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine Minister for Transport August 2011
- Report on the Auditor-Generals Examination of Certain Bus Contracts and the Probity of Processes Leading up to the Awarding of the Contracts Archived 25 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine Auditor General 12 September 2005
- "New Metropolitan Bus Contracts for Adelaide" Minister for Urban Development & Planning 17 February 2005
- Serco bus drivers end strike ABC News 19 February 2005
- Moscaritolo, Maria (30 April 2011). "Big changes for Adelaide buses". Adelaide Advertiser.
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results Announced" Australian Bus Panorama 15/4 February 2000 p. 21
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results" Australian Bus Panorama 15/5 April 2000 p. 29
- Competitive Tendering for Bus Services Seventh International Conference on Competition & Ownership in Land Passenger Transport June 2001
- Bus company Transfield stripped of eight routes and fined for being late Adelaide Advertiser 24 April 2013
- Bus company stripped of routes ABC News 25 April 2013
- SA operator forfeits routes due to poor performance Australasian Bus & Coach 26 April 2013
- "Torrens Transit acquires local rival Light City Buses". News Pty Limited Australia. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Torrens Transit acquires Light City Buses". Transit Systems. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Light-City Buses Australian Bus Fleet Lists