Light Chaser Animation Studios
Light Chaser Animation Studios is a Chinese CG animation film studio based in Beijing, China. The studio was founded in early 2013 by Gary Wang, the founder and ex-CEO of the popular Chinese video sharing website Tudou.com.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal on March 12, 2013, Gary Wang announced Light Chaser Animation, a movie studio to produce animated feature films targeting the rapidly growing Chinese movie market, which grew by 30% in 2012 and is widely expected to overtake the U.S. market in size by 2020. He cited the lack of quality domestically produced animation content, a rapidly growing domestic market, and improving environment for movie distribution, promotion and copyrights in China as the main reasons behind his decision.
Light Chaser's website states that its main goal is to "create world-class animated films".
Little Door Gods
In March 2015, Light Chaser announced that its first movie, Little Door Gods, will be released in January 2016. A modern-day story, the movie will be about two Door Gods facing unemployment in the spirit world, as ever fewer humans believe in spirits. One of the spirits ventures into the human world to make trouble in order to prove his value, leading to unexpected encounters and transformations.
Animation industry insiders have given the 90-second trailer positive ratings and described it as "on par with the major world [animation] players."
The movie has previously been translated to English as "Door Guardians."
- Osawa, Juro (March 12, 2013). "Tudou Founder Eyes Big Screen". Wall Street Journal.
- Lai, Alexis (February 20, 2013). "Blockbuster growth in China's film industry". CNN.
- Child, Ben (November 29, 2012). "China will be the world's biggest film market by 2020". The Guardian.
- About Company, archived from the original on 2013-07-24
- "Light Chaser Releases 'Door Guardians' First Trailer". Reuters. March 12, 2015.
- Lin, Lilian (March 17, 2015). "China's Answer to Pixar Unveils New 3-D Feature About Guardian Spirits". Wall Street Journal.
- Colman, Chris (April 14, 2015). "Light Chaser Animation and the 'Door Guardians'". Animation World Network.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|