Light It Up (Stan Walker song)
|"Light It Up"|
|Single by Stan Walker featuring Static Revenger|
|from the album Let the Music Play|
|Released||16 September 2011|
|Stan Walker chronology|
"Light It Up" is a song by New Zealand recording artist Stan Walker, which features American DJ, Static Revenger. It was released for digital download on 16 September 2011, as the second single from Walker's third studio album, Let the Music Play. The song was written by Dennis White, John Locke, Charissa Saverio and Jon Asher, and was produced by Static Revenger.
"Light It Up" was written by Jon Asher, Dennis White, John Locke and Charissa Saverio and was produced by Static Revenger. A snippet of the track was released online on 8 September 2011. It was then sent to Australian contemporary hit radio on 12 September, and was released for digital download on 16 September. In an interview with Nova FM, Walker spoke about the song, saying, "It's a really dance-y, fun track. It's kind of representing where I am at the moment ... where I am heading at the moment and it's just a song to ... lift people's spirits up."
A writer for Take 40 Australia wrote that, "This snappy new track is an awesome party starter and will have your toes tapping for sure!" On 26 September 2011, "Light It Up" debuted and peaked at number 23 on the New Zealand Singles Chart. On 7 November 2011, it debuted at number 45 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart.
The music video for "Light It Up" premiered online on 16 September 2011. The video opens with various shots of Walker inside a construction site with flashing lights, listening to music on his iPad. Throughout the video, Walker is shown singing in front of pipes with flames on them, as well as intercut scenes of dance group Saea Banyana shown performing choreography.
- Digital download
- "Light It Up" (featuring Static Revenger) – 3:30
- "Light It Up" (Extended Club Mix) – 6:35
- "Light It Up" (Static Revenger Dub) – 6:34
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from Let the Music Play liner notes.
- Jon Asher – songwriter
- Tom Coyne – mastering
- James Kang – assistant mixer
- John Locke – songwriter
- Charissa Saverio – songwriter
- Miles Walker – mixer
- Dennis "Static Revenger" White – songwriter, producer
Charts and certification
- "Light It Up – Single". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Let the Music Play (CD liner). Stan Walker. Sony Music Australia. 2011.
- "Sneak Peek Of 'Light It Up'!". StanWalker.com.au. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Stan Walker Ft. Static Revenger – Light It Up Issue #853". The Music Network. Peer Group Media. Archived from the original on 20 September 2011.
- "Stan Walker chats about his new single "Light It Up"". Nova FM. DMG Radio Australia. 20 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Stan Walker's New Music Video 'Light It Up'". Take 40 Australia. MCM Media. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Stan Walker – Light It Up". New Zealand Singles Chart. Hung Medien. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Top 50 Singles Chart". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- "New Single & Video 'Light It Up' Out Now!". StanWalker.com.au. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Behind the scenes Stan Walker video 'Light It Up'". Poprepublic.tv. 11 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "ARIA Top 50 Australian Artists Singles 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Adele dominates NZ end of year charts". Television New Zealand. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2012 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Top 20 New Zealand Singles Chart". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ). Archived from the original on 3 April 2012.