Light This City
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Light This City|
|Origin||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Genres||Melodic death metal|
|Years active||2002–2008, 2010, 2015, 2017–present|
|Labels||Reflections of Ruin, Prosthetic|
|Associated acts||Writhen, Something Must Die, Heartsounds, At Our Heels, In Memoriam, Animosity, Carnivorous, Comadre, Death and Glory, Suicide Silence|
|Past members||Band members|
They released one independent album and three albums with Prosthetic Records before disbanding in 2008. Tyler Gamlen and Ben Murray were the co-founders of Reflections of Ruin Records, where they released The Hero Cycle which was the band's (and the label's) first official release. They are notable for being one of the few aggressive metal bands having a female lead vocalist.
Their albums featured collaborations with renowned musicians such as Chuck Billy of Testament ("Firehaven" off Stormchaser), and Trevor Strnad of The Black Dahlia Murder ("Fear of Heights" off Facing the Thousand).
After disbanding, Laura Nichol (vocalist), and Ben Murray (drummer) formed a punk rock band called "Heartsounds". Ryan Hansen (Guitarist) and Jon Frost (Bassist) formed the metal band "The Urchin Barren".
Light This City had four "slight" reunion shows from April 8, 2010 to April 11, 2010.
Light This City played another reunion show on November 8, 2015 on the San Francisco date of Darkest Hour's 20th anniversary tour.
Following a 10 year hiatus from making music and playing reunion shows, Light This City announced their return as a band on September 27th, 2017 and have already begun working on their next record. The band will be releasing their next full length album in March 2018 via Creator-Destructor Records.
- Laura Nichol – vocals (2002–2008, 2010, 2015, 2017–present)
- Ben Murray – drums (2002–2008, 2010, 2015, 2017–present), guitars (2003–2005)
- Steve Hoffman – guitar (2005–2007, 2010, 2015, 2017–present)
- Ryan Hansen – guitar (2007–2008, 2010, 2015, 2017–present)
- Jon Frost – bass (2007–2008, 2010, 2015, 2017–present)
- Mike Dias – bass (2002–2006)
- Tyler Gamlen – guitar (2002–2003)
- Steven Shirley – guitar (2002–2003)
- Joey Ellis – guitar (2004)
- Nick Koenig - Guitar (2005)
- Brian Forbes– guitar (2006–2008)
- Dan Kenny – bass (2006–2007)
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Stormchaser review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- Light This City on Pure Volume
- The Gauntlet - Light This City
- Encyclopaedia Metallum - Light This City
- Heartsounds - MySpace
- Former Light This City members form “Urchin Barren”[permanent dead link]
- "Light This City Officially Reunite, New Album In The Works". theprp.com. September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 28, 2017.