Light from Above
|Light from Above|
|Studio album by Black Tide|
|Released||March 18, 2008|
|Genre||Heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, power metal|
47:48 (Hot Topic)
|Black Tide chronology|
|Singles from Light from Above|
Light from Above is the debut album from Black Tide. The album was released on March 18, 2008 and was produced by Johnny K. Each member of Black Tide was under 20 years of age during the recording of this album, making it very notable in the music industry. Three singles have been released from the album, "Shockwave", "Warriors of Time", and "Shout", respectively. Two music videos were produced for "Shockwave" and have aired on MTV2's Headbangers Ball. Frontman Gabriel Garcia was a only high school freshman and 14 years old when the album was written and recorded. The album was praised by critics and helped them win the 2008 Kerrang! Awards for "Best International Newcomer". The album features a Metallica cover of the song Hit the Lights from their debut album Kill 'Em All.
The album debuted at number 73 on the Billboard 200, with 11,400 copies sold in its first week of sales.
Light from Above Tour
In support of the album the band toured from July 2007 to April 2011. The tour included 341 concerts around the world with headlining shows, festival dates like the Vans Warped Tour, Download Festival and Mayhem Festival. They also performed as an opening act for bands like Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium. The last show was on April 19 at The Viper Room in Los Angeles, California as an opening act for Loaded.
|Sounds Of Rock|||
|Dangerdog Music Reviews||(4.75/5) |
|1.||"Shockwave"||Garcia, Nuñez, Raul Garcia Jr.||3:38|
|2.||"Shout"||Garcia, Jason Suecof||3:25|
|3.||"Warriors of Time"||Garcia, Garcia||5:53|
|4.||"Give Me a Chance"||Garcia, Suecof, Sandler||3:34|
|5.||"Let Me"||Garcia, Suecof||3:30|
|6.||"Show Me the Way"||Garcia, Suecof||3:59|
|7.||"Enterprise"||Garcia, Johnny K.||4:31|
|8.||"Live Fast Die Young"||Garcia, Suecof||3:01|
|9.||"Hit the Lights" (Metallica cover)||Hetfield, Ulrich||3:42|
|10.||"Black Abyss"||Garcia, Suecof, Garcia Jr.||4:06|
|11.||"Light from Above"||Garcia, Spence||5:46|
|UK Bonus Track|
|12.||"Black Widow"||Garcia, Suecof||3:48|
|ITunes Bonus Track|
|Hot Topic Bonus Track|
|Japan Bonus DVD|
|1.||"Shockwave Explicit Version Music Video"|
|2.||"Shockwave (Travis Kopach Version) Music Video"|
|3.||"Show Me The Way (Live)"|
|4.||"Lonn Friend Interview"|
In popular culture
- "Shockwave" is featured on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 video game Skate 2, the North American version of Guitar Hero: Modern Hits, and is also available as a downloadable song for the PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band.
- "Warriors of Time" is featured on the NHL 09 Soundtrack for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is also available as a downloadable song for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band. In addition, the Belleville Bulls of the Ontario Hockey League play it when a goal is scored.
- "Show Me The Way" is featured in the soundtrack for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift on the PlayStation 3, it is featured in Rock Band Unplugged, and it was released as downloadable content for the console versions of the Rock Band series.
- "Shout" is featured in the soundtrack for DiRT 2.
- British ice hockey team Whitley Warriors use "Warriors of Time" as their entrance music.
- Gabriel Garcia: vocals, lead guitar
- Alex Nuñez: rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Zakk Sandler: Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Spencer O: drums, percussion
- "Black Tide: Light From Above artwork unveiled". Blabbermouth.net. 2008-01-11. Archived from the original on 2008-01-15. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Light from Above at AllMusic
- Jim Kaz. "Black Tide – Light From Above Review - Music Review at IGN". Music.ign.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-24. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "ALBUM REVIEW :: Black Tide - Light From Above - 2008 :: Album Reviews - Music Reviews - CD Reviews - Heavy Metal - Melodic Hard Rock - Hard Rock - AOR". Www.Dangerdog.Com. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "Skate It and Skate 2 Soundtracks". About.com. 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-20.