Light heavyweight (MMA)
The light heavyweight division in mixed martial arts generally refers to competitors weighing between 186 and 205 lb (84 and 93 kg). It sits between the lighter middleweight division, and the heavyweight division.
There are some alternate interpretations of the term. In the former Pride Fighting Championships, the 205-pound division was known as Middleweight; there was no division named Light Heavyweight in Pride. This division also used to be Middleweight in the UFC. Pancrase's light heavyweight division, which had limited competitors to 199 lb (90.5 kg) has been revised to 205 lb (93 kg).
This table is not always up to date. Last updated on October 5, 2015.
|UFC||May 23, 2015||Daniel Cormier||17-1 (6KO 5SUB)||1|
|Bellator MMA||February 27, 2015||Liam McGeary||11-0 (5KO 5SUB)||1|
|WSOF||September 18, 2015||David Branch||17-3 (5KO 6SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Light Heavyweight champions
- List of UFC Light Heavyweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Light Heavyweight Champions
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". http://www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Retrieved 2012-07-15.