Lightbox (New Zealand)
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand,|
|Parent||Spark New Zealand|
Lightbox is a New Zealand subscription video on demand (SVOD) service offering a selection of television shows over a range of devices. The service is owned by Spark New Zealand, a New Zealand-wide communications service provider. Hema Patel is the general manager director of Lightbox.
Lightbox has also partnered with Coliseum Sports Media to deliver a subscription-based sports streaming service called Lightbox Sport. Lightbox Sport will include golf, English Premier League football and French Top 14 rugby.
Lightbox is available via their website on Windows 7, Windows 8 and OS X computers, and on a number of other devices including iOS, Android (version 4.2 and above), Apple TV using AirPlay, selected Samsung Smart TVs, and PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles. In March 2015 they announced they will launch support for the Google Chromecast.
- Keall, Chris. "Sky TV, facing down Telecom's Lightbox, renews exclusive deal with HBO". National Business Review. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Drinnan, John (2 February 2018). "NZ Profile: Lightbox general manager Hema Patel". MediaWeek.
- Venuto, Damien. "Spark continues to evolve, offers another subscriber perk with free Lightbox". StopPress. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Sorry Netflix, Neon and Lightbox: Why I'm staying a dirty TV pirate". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Venuto, Damien. "Lifting the Lightbox lid: a look inside Telecom's new digital venture". StopPress. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul coming to Lightbox". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Keall, Chris. "Spark's Lightbox launches, with a little surprise from the boss". National Business Review. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "What devices can I watch Lightbox on?". Lightbox. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Pullar-Strecker, Tom. "Spark's Lightbox coming to Google's Chromecast". Stuff. Retrieved 1 May 2015.